Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
About Tech Services
Mark43 builds records management software for police departments, so you can bet that our clients are now collecting more and cleaner data than ever before. We work on creating solutions to increase the speed and efficiency of large scale data migrations, as well as build tools that can enhance software integrations between multiple platforms that any department may utilize. Our Tech Services team constantly thinks of ways we can improve statistical reporting for our clients. In addition to helping our clients achieve their reporting goals, the software Tech Services builds can be used immediately by other engineers within the company to help them build features and new products. By enabling the rest of our engineering team, we can all move quicker. Together, we can build even better software. The solutions Tech Services team members are responsible for change with each new client Mark43 partners with, which means variety in the work you will be doing on a month to month basis.
What you can expect to work on:
- We learn about many different software platforms used by our clients. Then we build unique integrations to allow our products to work seamlessly with those other platforms.
- Data warehouse Un-scrambling
- Each police department maps their data out in different ways. When we perform a data migration, we utilize ETL tools to make sense of all of their historic data and import it into the Mark43 Records Management System, which will be their new system of record.
- Internal tool development
- We build unique solutions to solve internal search problems for our own developers
- Statistical Analysis
- We want our clients to be able to gain deep insights into their work with as little hassle as possible. By building custom dashboard solutions, we allow our clients to run highly filtered reporting searches at the click of a button.
What we expect from you:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and other databases
- Strong skills in Java or similar server side languages
- Self motivated and detail oriented, able to work autonomously
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience with dashboard software such as Tableau, Looker, Cognos, Crystal Reports
- Basic understanding of the benefits of a SaaS business model
- Excellent communication skills, able to take complex topics and explain them to external leadership
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunities for career growth in an environment where your achievements will be celebrated
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment with various Mark43 teams, such as Product Engineering, Implementation, and Sales/Growth
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
About us Mark43 unites a set of public safety software tools securely in the cloud, making access to reliable and actionable information a reality for first responders.
Want to learn more about Mark43? Visit Mark43's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Test Automation (Enterprise)
Slack, San Francisco
Everwise, New York, NY
Senior IT Specialist (Contract)
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote
Sr. Software Engineer, Search
Evernote, Redwood City, CA San Diego, CA
Principal Engineer, Seating Systems
SF Motors, Ann Arbor, MI