Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
Mark43 is looking for a Senior Security Engineer to help us maintain a secure environment for our applications and our clients. At Mark43, we work with some of the most mission-critical systems in the world, and keeping these systems highly-available and secure is paramount. Working at Mark43, you’ll be helping first responders save lives! We hope you are super passionate about security in all its forms. Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience architecting, implementing and maintaining Log Management, EDR, Firewalls, IDPS, and VPNs. As a Senior Security Engineer at Mark43, you’ll be expected to know the pros and cons of different tools, and when to build your own vs use an off-the-shelf solution.
What you can expect to work on:
- Educating engineers on secure SDLC practices
- Crafting remediation plans for discovered vulnerabilities
- Ensuring that our applications and cloud infrastructure are secure and providing guidance on how to further secure our products
- Working with our Compliance team to ensure that our products adhere to our policies and regulations
- Implementing, configuring, and managing Mark43’s log management, SIEM, Firewalls, IDPs, VPNs and other security apparatus
- Assessing vulnerable packages and systems, and working with Engineers to remediate
What we expect from you:
- 5+ years of experience working in a security role at a software company
- Experience securing cloud-based workloads
- Experience securing container-based workloads
- Comfortability with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
- A passion for automation
- Ability to pass fingerprint based background checks made by Mark43 and our clients
What you can expect from us:
- Constant collaboration with numerous Mark43 teams, including DevOps, IT, Product Dev and Implementation
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- Building mission critical and socially responsible software to enable first responders to better serve their communities
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
About us Mark43 unites a set of public safety software tools securely in the cloud, making access to reliable and actionable information a reality for first responders.
Want to learn more about Mark43? Visit Mark43's website.
Jobs You May Like
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY