Mark43 Australia's mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We’re seeking experienced and innovative senior software engineers to help build the next generation of cloud based law enforcement software. As a senior member of the Mark43 Australia team, you’ll take ownership of products and features from start to finish, and become a knowledge resource that your teammates can trust and rely on. You’ll build robust server side solutions to our unique problems of scale, security, and reliability. We heavily leverage open source technologies like Java, MySQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch and enjoy participating in the open source community. As an engineer here, you'll have the freedom to implement your own solutions and have a meaningful impact on our product. We will depend on your strong systems architecture design experience to offer insight into technical decision-making in building our products from the ground up. This role offers tremendous career growth opportunities on either a management or Technical Lead track.
What you can expect to work on:
- Using popular technologies including but not limited to: Java, MySQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Continuously improving your leadership and coding skills while working alongside a talented and high performing engineering team
- Collaborating with design and product teams to understand and document feature requirements
- Writing clear, concise technical documentation that your teammates will trust
- Being responsible for leading discussions on use cases for new technologies and contributing to a constant dialogue on ways to improve our codebase and engineering practices
- Nurturing an engineering culture that cares deeply about the quality of the code we write, while still working quickly to bring our technology to as many departments as possible
What we expect from you:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years experience with Java, .NET, or other server side languages and the ability to learn quickly.
- Deep understanding of databases, automated testing, Agile methodologies
- Self-motivated, passionate, and excited to own products from end to end.
- Experience working remotely and comfortability collaborating with a globally distributed team
- Proficiency building and managing RESTful APIs
- Deep experience designing and building out infrastructure for complex cloud-based software applications
- Knowledge of or prior experience with microservices architecture
- Commitment to providing support for more junior members of the team and developing cooperative working relationships
- Leaning in to contribute to the company outside your role - our engineers have written blog posts, attended events, and helped grow our team
- Passion for building the best software for law enforcement
What you can expect from us:
- Working with a team that respects your ideas and expertise
- Building mission critical and socially responsible software to enable first responders to better serve their communities
- Opportunities to grow and meet your professional and personal goals
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering law enforcement, first responders, and other government agencies via mission critical software products
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly and intelligent coworkers
About us Mark43 unites a set of public safety software tools securely in the cloud, making access to reliable and actionable information a reality for first responders.
Want to learn more about Mark43? Visit Mark43's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.