Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team
We’re seeking innovative and committed new grad software engineers to help build the next generation of cloud based law enforcement software. As a member of the Mark43 team, you’ll take ownership of products and features from start to finish. You’ll build robust server side solutions to our unique problems of scale, security, and reliability. We heavily leverage open source technologies like Java, MySQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch and enjoy participating in the open source community. As an engineer here, you'll have the freedom to implement your own solutions and have a meaningful impact on our product as well as help shape the engineering culture of the company.
What you can expect to work on:
- Developing new features for our records management and computer aided dispatch products
- Working closely with product managers and designers to map out work and solve unique user experience problems
- Collaborating with our QA team to ensure we push bug free updates
- Strengthening your programming skills with mentorship from senior engineers
- Becoming a subject matter expert on law enforcement software
What we expect from you:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Java, .NET, or other server side languages and the ability to learn quickly
- Familiarity with databases, automated testing, Agile methodologies
- Experience working the front end stack
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Ability to develop cooperative and collaborative relationships with your teammates
- Leaning in to contribute to the company outside your role - our engineers have written blog posts, attended events, and helped grow our team
- Self-motivated, passionate, and excited to own products from end to end
- Passion for building the best software for law enforcement
What you can expect from us:
- Mentorship from more experienced team members
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- Building mission critical and socially responsible software to enable first responders to better serve their communities
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering law enforcement, first responders, and other government agencies via mission critical software products
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly and intelligent coworkers
About us Mark43 unites a set of public safety software tools securely in the cloud, making access to reliable and actionable information a reality for first responders.
Want to learn more about Mark43? Visit Mark43's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.