Technical Project Manager – Policy Implementation, Fare Transformation
Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, Boston, MA
See jobs at Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Reports to the Technical Lead for Policy Implementation, Fare Transformation.
- Contribute to the development of fare policy enabled by the MBTA’s next generation fare collection system.
- Liaise between the System Implementation team, the Commercial Strategies and Programs team, and the Policy & Outreach team to communicate information about system design and support outreach to the public.
- Manage input from a large number of stakeholders, including internal business owners, specialist consultants, customers, advocates, other Commonwealth departments, and senior staff and balance their sometimes-competing interests.
- Conduct detailed reviews of designs developed by the Systems Integrator within tight timeframes to ensure they are responsive to stakeholder feedback, comply with Technical Requirements, and support the MBTA’s fare policy goals.
- Analyze business rules and proposed fare policy changes against technical designs to ensure that the system can support business needs.
- Analyze customer use cases against technical designs to ensure that the system maintains a friendly user experience while still supporting all user needs.
- Recommend improvements based on an understanding of industry best practices, stakeholder feedback, usability and professional experience.
- Support the technical design, development and implementation of software designed for MBTA riders, business units and partners.
- Define action items resulting from meetings and tasks required to meet objectives.
- Track and update the status of dozens of tasks every day, keeping the team informed, removing blocks and advancing to closure within the timeframes required by the project timeline.
- Identify risks and dependencies, establish mitigation plans, and escalate as necessary.
- Review the Systems Integrator’s test plans and oversee lab tests to ensure that all customer use cases are covered.
- Independently conduct testing in the lab and real-world environments to ensure that fare policy has been properly implemented.
- Use the Compliance Matrix (a database of technical requirements) to track and report on the compliance of delivered solutions.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in transportation planning, public policy, public administration, social science, technology or a related field.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Effective organizational, analytical, time management, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts and technical requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; and to mobilize and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to be comfortable under pressure, able to prioritize and balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Experience using online collaboration tools (e.g. Slack, Asana, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Experience either with design/ implementation/ operation of a technology system.
- Experience with developing, implementing and overseeing test plans and test reports.
- Strong project management background.
- Experience working in transit or similar environment.
- Experience working with or in a government agency.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in transportation planning, public policy, public administration, social science, technology or a related field.
- Experience in policy implementation for a transit agency.
- Experience working with the design/implementation/operation of a transit system technology, such as fare collection systems, vending machines, parking payment systems, toll collection systems, fire alarms, elevators or customer assistance kiosks.
- Experience with public procurement.
- A PMP or other Project Management certification.
About Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
he Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, often referred to as the MBTA or simply The T, is the public operator of most bus, subway, commuter rail and ferry systems in the greater Boston, Massachusetts, area. The MBTA is the largest transit provider in New England, and the fifth largest in the country. The MBTA directly operates or contracts out for service using eight different modes: heavy rail, light rail, bus rapid transit, local/express bus, trackless trolley, commuter rail, commuter boat, and paratransit. In Boston, 55% of all work trips and 42% of all trips into downtown are made by transit. The MBTA district is made up of 175 communities with a total population of 4.7 million. Almost three-quarters of all Massachusetts residents live within the MBTA service area.
Want to learn more about Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority? Visit Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Software Engineer, Unity
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL; Sunnyvale, CA; Toronto, ON; Remote (US ba...