Massdrop is looking for a Performance Marketing Manager to lead the day-to-day planning and management of all customer acquisition and re-engagement campaigns across all self-service PPC and biddable platforms including Paid Social (Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Pinterest, Snap), Paid Search (Google, Bing), and Display ads (Google Display, Oath, AdRoll). The ideal candidate will have the experience to implement and refine a process that bridges eCommerce product research with ad building and ad targeting to quickly launch and optimize product-specific ads starting with Facebook and Google search and expanding to other ad platform.
As Massdrop’s Performance Marketing Manager, you will be central to campaign planning and strategy, and should be well versed in identifying, understanding, and clearly communicating trends in performance data. A background in SQL or experience working with large data sets is a plus. More important, however, is your ability to use data to make informed decisions surrounding campaign direction, allowing us to continue new user growth as we evolve our brand and products.
Here's what you'll do as part of the team:
- Proactively research and identify the marketability of e-Commerce products and apply it to paid growth tactics, audience targeting and copywriting.
- Set up and manage paid media campaigns on biddable and PPC platforms including Paid Search (Google AdWords, Google Shopping, etc) and Paid Social (Facebook, Reddit, Pinterest, Snap, etc).
- Manage Facebook Ads, including audience targeting, copywriting and coordinating asset production with the creative team. Develop robust and clearly defined ad sets and campaigns for Paid Social.
- Manage Google AdWords Search, Display, Video and App campaigns, including audience targeting, keyword research and selection, ad group structuring, ad copywriting and landing page testing and optimization. Develop robust and clearly categorized keyword sets, ad groups and campaigns, for Paid Search.
- Optimize product feeds for PLA, Comparison Shopping Engines or third party marketplaces.
- Enable and manage data-driven integrations for greater campaign automation through product catalog feeds, dynamic product ads, product listings, re-marketing lists, custom audiences, etc.
- Own the evaluation, strategy and implementation of additional PPC channels such as Reddit, Pinterest, Snap and Twitter.
- Manage day-to-day communication with external media agencies. Ensure excellent quality control and attention to detail is maintained.
- Manage campaign budgets within and across PPC platforms and agency ad spend to optimize campaign ROI and daily pacing. Optimize and test for scalable performance across paid search and paid social campaign and ads, as required, in line with KPIs and goals.
- Eye for optimizing high performing ad copy and ad formats, across paid search campaigns and ad groups
- Produce clear and accurate reporting on campaign performance data. Track daily, weekly & monthly KPIs to identify opportunities for improvement. Produce insights and recommendations on how to improve campaign and ad performance.
- Produce forecasting efficiency and scale by campaigns, audiences and ads.
- Ensure the growth marketing team are notified of any significant changes or developments within campaign and ad budgets and performance
- Produce analysis and value-adding, actionable insights as requested. Keep pace and report on SEM and PPC industry trends and developments.
- Undertake any other campaign management, set up, optimization or analysis task, deemed to be appropriate, as directed by a member of the growth marketing team.
- 3+ years in paid digital media customer acquisition experience, preferably within eCommerce.
- 2+ years of hands-on paid search and paid social experience.
- Must be proficient in Google ads (Search, Shopping and Display) and Facebook ads platforms.
- Experience with Reddit, Pinterest, Snap and other relevant PPC platforms for eCommerce.
- Good working knowledge of Google Analytics and BI tools such as Periscope.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel.
- Proven experience in retrieving, interpreting and reporting data.
- Experience in writing and producing campaign performance reports.
- Exemplary time management skills, able to prioritize and work well under pressure.
- Organized and process orientated.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work ambiguity.
- Creative thinker with the drive and skill to execute with minimal direction
- Independent, self-motivated, driven, team player.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Google Ads, Analytics and other relevant certifications.
- Bonus for SQL experience
- Bonus for SEO skills: on-page, off-page and technical SEO
- Bonus for managing agency relationship related to paid search and paid social
This is a full-time on-site position at our San Francisco office.
Who We Are:
Massdrop is community-driven commerce. We design products with input from our members and give them a place to connect, learn, and shop with people who share their interests.
Who We Are Massdrop is a community-driven commerce platform. We make products with input from our members and give them a place to connect, learn, and shop with people who share their interests.