We’re seeking a Senior Product Manager to help us drive key strategic growth efforts and product features at Massdrop. You will be responsible for leveling up all aspects of our platform and mobile app (coming soon!). Focus areas will range from developing growth features for channel optimization, supporting the mobile roadmap, and helping to define software tools to collect community input to drive new physical product development at Massdrop. This role provides opportunities to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in a competitive and ever changing business climate.
The product management team at Massdrop drives product vision, feature design and prioritization, customer and business insights, and strategic planning. This role works closely with engineering, design, stats analysts, and marketing leaders (including founders and CEO) to develop community-centric features.
Here's what you'll do as part of the team:
- Explore and support new and exciting solutions that will resonate with our customers. You must have a good understanding of the competitive eCommerce environment, be able to identify leading/trending ideas and communicate your findings effectively.
- Build sound business cases based on in-depth data analysis, demonstrate how that analysis impacts key product metrics, and define features to be incorporated into the design of the Massdrop’s web product.
- Responsible for the full product lifecycle, from writing specifications, guiding feature development and a/b testing to working across multi-disciplinary teams: engineering, design, creative, and marketing.
- Exhibit sound product judgment, ability to formulate product strategy and present clear measurable objectives that will delight our community members and drive our business goals.
And here are the skills and experience we hope you'll have:
- 2-3+ years of experience in product management (consumer web or mobile app development a plus)
- Previous start-up in social networks or eCommerce a strong plus
- BA/BS degree in math, science or engineering
- Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps & functions, specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and facilitating user testing
- Ability to create wire-frames, product specifications and white papers
- Exceptional data analysis skills, including SQL self-sufficiency (strong familiarity, not necessarily expert level)
- Experience with a web based company managing web applications and multivariate testing is preferred
- Passion for technology, curiosity to dive deep into Massdrop’s suite of technical products and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge
- Strong project management & organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple high complexity projects
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to articulate product vision in written document and sufficient poise to successfully present and interact with all levels of the organization including executives, cross-functional partners, and customers
- Strong passion for community and social media, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Experience driving growth initiatives for web and/or mobile products is a strong plus
- Must be a self-starter, a team player and driven
This is a full-time on-site position at our San Francisco office.
Who we are:
Massdrop is community-driven commerce. We design products with input from our members and give them a place to connect, learn, and shop with people who share their interests.
Who We Are Massdrop is a community-driven commerce platform. We make products with input from our members and give them a place to connect, learn, and shop with people who share their interests.