Massdrop is searching for a Global Supply Manager to own the commercial relationship with our enclosure manufacturing partners and be responsible for cost negotiations, continuity of supply, risk management, driving operational and cost efficiencies through process or design change, as well overall project execution. GSMs sit at the intersection of Massdrop’s business activities and engineering communities, and effectively balance the needs of both groups to ensure successful product launches. GSMs work in concert with product managers, project managers, and manufacturing supply engineers. Together, these teams execute and scale both new and existing manufacturing processes, materials, technologies, finishes and form factors.
Here's what you'll do as part of the team:
- Responsible to work with key stakeholders on PO initiate and process.
- Identify changes in buyer and supplier power within core materials market and use industry dynamics to Massdrop advantage.
- Developing and documenting negotiation and contracting process consistent with commodity strategy.
- Key owner for the supplier relationship. With technology partners, and in accordance with the commodity strategy, drive supplier selection, qualification, development and overall supplier management.
- Own communication for contract data and volumes across global teams, modalities and supply base as appropriate.
- Monitor backlog status and making sure to work with internal teams. so they have clear picture of deliverables and commits for lead time.
- Interface with cross functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
- Support supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, and etc.
And these are the experience and skills you'll need to be successful:
- BSME or BSIE, or equivalent. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain development, sourcing management, or strong engineering background in product development.
- Top-notch analytical/negotiation skills.
- Ability to toggle between strategic and detail orientated thinking.
- Tenacious problem solving & issue resolution skills.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence across multiple functional teams.
- Flexibility to adapt to dynamic and rapidly changing environments.
- Excellent communicators, capable of working in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing extraordinary objectives.
This is a full-time on-site position at our San Francisco office.
Who we are:
Massdrop is community-driven commerce. We design products with input from our members and give them a place to connect, learn, and shop with people who share their interests.
Who We Are Massdrop is a community-driven commerce platform. We make products with input from our members and give them a place to connect, learn, and shop with people who share their interests.
Want to learn more about Massdrop? Visit Massdrop's website.
22 Active Jobs
Minimalist makeup and skincare
Jobs You May Like
Expression of Interest - Design (Manila)