Massdrop is looking for a Controller to spearhead our Finance and Accounting teams. The Controller will play a key role in the growth of our company by leading the accounting, tax, and treasury functions of the company. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will work closely with the FP&A team to drive Massdrop’s financial performance. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, obsessive about details, enjoys serving a rapidly expanding team, and wants to learn and grow with the company. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to create and support financial infrastructure in a pre-IPO, fast-paced environment.
Here is what you'll do as part of the team:
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Manage relationships with external auditors.
- Oversee all accounting functions including AP/AR, procurement, business process, consolidations, and monthly close of the Company’s financial results.
- Support the presentation of financial data and information that is presented or discussed with investors and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the preparation of tax returns and all associated schedules.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
And here are the skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- 5+ years of Controller experience supporting diverse teams and various lines of business. (Big 4 Public Accounting plus operational experience preferred.)
- Strong leadership and people management skills. Particular interest in team development and junior staff career mentorship.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software packages (NetSuite preferred).
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey technical financial information to non-financial professionals.
- Experience leading a company to and through an IPO or other exit event strongly preferred.
- A fascination for and understanding of operations and managing growth in an online marketplace and the e-Commerce industry.
- Experience working with e-Commerce organization and/or operationally intensive business.
This is an exempt full-time on-site position at our San Francisco office.
Who We Are
Massdrop is community-driven commerce. We design products with input from our members and give them a place to connect, learn, and shop with people who share their interests.
Benefits and Perks
- Compensation and equity package commensurate with experience
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision and basic insurance coverage for employees
- Catered lunches twice a week, monthly happy hours, and Monday breakfasts!
- Pet Friendly Office
Massdrop is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Who We Are Massdrop is a community-driven commerce platform. We make products with input from our members and give them a place to connect, learn, and shop with people who share their interests.
Want to learn more about Massdrop? Visit Massdrop's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.