Full-Time Entry Level Merchandising Operations Associate
Material World, Brooklyn
Reclaim the value in your closet
About Our Team
Passionate, nimble and authentic our team thrives on improving our company inside and out. Always innovating, we create opportunities for growth and learning through open communication and believe strongly in developing each other and our company culture.
About the Role
Material World is seeking a highly motivated entry level Buyer with a passion for designer women’s products, obsession with operational efficiency, and excellent attention to detail. You will be responsible for processing and merchandising secondhand designer clothing, handbags, and shoes. Daily tasks including receiving, pricing, tagging, quality control checks, product attribution and copywriting for eCommerce, and luxury authentication. The ideal candidate has a positive self-starter attitude who loves goal setting.
- Perform daily hands-on work with a high volume of secondhand designer merchandise including receiving, pricing, product tagging and product attribution and copywriting
- Complete quality control review of incoming merchandise ensuring brand and condition guidelines are met
- Work with department lead to ensure authenticity of all items procured
- Meet daily department performance goals with excellent speed and accuracy
- Work cross functionally with Photography, Operations, Customer, and Technology teams on collaborative projects to improve operational efficiency, customer experience, and maximize sales
Skills and Requirements
- Entry level position (experience in women’s contemporary and luxury fashion and/or secondhand market a plus)
- Loves fashion and has excellent product knowledge of fashion brands across contemporary, advanced designer, and luxury (secondhand market a plus) as well as a strong understanding for current trends and ability to forcast.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and dynamic startup environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly resourceful and adaptable, able to multi-task and work independently
- Natural problem solver and a fast learner
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Highly motivated towards daily goal setting
Compensation & Perks
- Generous discount on our inventory of designer clothing, handbags, and shoes
- Starting hourly rate of $12
- Work with a great team of smart and engaging individuals
- Ample room for growth for top performers
About Material World
Material World was created to empower people to reinvent themselves with a seamless fashion trade-in service. Built to make refreshing your closet fast, hassle-free and rewarding, Material World finds a new home for each quality piece received, so you can enjoy evolving your style while also extending the lifecycle of your fashion purchases.
Want to learn more about Material World? Visit Material World's website.
Beautiful event websites