Why this role is different:
- You will serve as core committer and technical leader for one of the most advanced open source mobile applications in the world.
- You will partner with and influence open source communities and platforms including Mattermost, React Native, WatermelonDB, and many others.
- Your architectural decisions can influence a generation of mobile development that look to open source for the patterns and solutions to be echoed around the world.
- Your end users will be working on some of the world’s most mission critical endeavours, from space exploration, to fighting COVID, to transforming the future of electric transportation, and protecting the financial assets of our global economy.
- You’ll do all this with your personal GitHub account, and you will publish the vast majority of your work as open source and be able to share it with the world for the rest of your career.
- Work as part of a small team to build a Performant, Scalable and Reliable React Native (iOS & Android) Mattermost client.
- Architect, build and maintain an excellent React Native application with clean code.
- Architect, build and maintain frameworks in the React Native app for other full stack teams to use to build their needed features.
- You will be consistently measuring the impact and quality of the app infrastructure and feature additions and augmentations to a React Native app. This sometimes involves working or building native modules when required.
- Implement pixel perfect UI's that match designs while keeping or improving the app performance.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide excellent user experience.
- Write unit and End to End tests.
- Assist with building estimates.
- You’ll have strong input on the direction of product utility and launch while working directly with the experienced startup entrepreneurs leading this project.
- Collaborate with our team engineers, designers, product managers, researchers and visual effects engineers. Being an Open Source product, remember that you’ll also be collaborating with our awesome Community Contributors.
- Effectively work while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members.
- 2+ years of professional experience developing production ready mobile apps with React Native.
- 5+ years experience developing native Mobile Applications.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex projects.
- Ability to take ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- An understanding of React Native best practices.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- Forensic attention to detailEnglish skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken english).
- Degree in Computer Science or related.
- Experience working in open source communities.
Mattermost, Inc. We provide enterprise-grade messaging solutions for the world’s leading organizations on a vibrant open source platform. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integration across in-house systems. Customers include Intel, Samsung, McKinsey & Company, Medtronic, Urban Outfitters, and the United States Department of Energy. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning 7 time zones.
Want to learn more about Mattermost? Visit Mattermost's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Jobs You May Like
Allston Trading, Chicago