Customer Success Engineer (Remote)
Mattermost, Alexandria, VA
See jobs at Mattermost
Why this role is different:
- This is a highly technical role for people that also enjoy interacting with and enabling customers to unblock the power of Mattermost’s product.
- You have a growth mindset and constantly seek to understand blindspots and challenges - whether it’s a customer’s unique need or interacting with new technologies.
- You feel comfortable tackling issues and enjoy digging into technical details with customers, and are energized by solving challenges across a diverse range of technologies from databases to Docker, and cross-platform mobile development to RESTful web services.
- Lead the delivery of a purposeful Onboarding Journey process from initial internal hand-off from sales, through technical discovery, system configuration, testing, and end-user roll-out.
- Make architectural recommendations for the Mattermost software deployment and other adjacent technologies (e.g. MySQL/PostgreSQL, mobile, SSO, ElasticSearch, to ensure high availability, redundancy and scalability)Deliver best practices and consulting based on experiences with other successful Mattermost customer deployments.
- Work with our Product Management, Engineering and Support teams to resolve issues that occur during the Onboarding Journey.
- Document customer design and deployment decisions for sharing with the broader customer and Mattermost teams.
- Identify key integration opportunities to develop Mattermost as the central collaboration platform within DevOps and technical teams.
- Present detailed technical information and benefits of the Mattermost platform to a wide array of customers, including:line of business managers, developers, technical architects, and executives.
- Serve as the technical lead for all things related to the Mattermost deployment
- 5+ years Technical Account Management, Customer Support experience or Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - developers interested in working directly with customers are highly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, and container platforms.
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantageInterest in working creatively with customers to understand technical and business requirements and implement solutions, including change management and technical engagement delivery.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to go deep with technical customer resources or to describe the value proposition of Mattermost to IT executives.
- Excellent presentation skills for presenting advanced technical concepts.
- Experience leading and crafting technical projects, engaging with, and motivating change across multiple levels of IT executives and organizations.
- Ability to travel up to 30% (Post-Covid)
Mattermost, Inc. We provide enterprise-grade messaging solutions for the world’s leading organizations on a vibrant open source platform. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integration across in-house systems. Customers include Intel, Samsung, McKinsey & Company, Medtronic, Urban Outfitters, and the United States Department of Energy. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning 7 time zones.
Want to learn more about Mattermost? Visit Mattermost's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Jobs You May Like
Lead, Strategic Designer (Voice of the Customer)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL OR Culver City OR Remote