React Native Engineer - Mobile Platform Team (Remote)
See jobs at Mattermost
- You will serve as a core committer and a technical leader for one of the most advanced open-source mobile applications in the world, implemented using React Native (TypeScript), native modules for Android (Java) and iOS (Swift/Objective-C).
- You will partner with and influence open source communities and platforms including Mattermost, React Native, WatermelonDB, and many others.
- You will work with our open source community as well as engineering teams inside the company, review their code and guide them to successfully integrate their contributions.
- Your end-users will use your products to work on some of the world’s most mission-critical endeavors, from space exploration to fighting COVID, to transforming the future of electric transportation, and protecting the financial assets of our global economy.
- You’ll do all this with your personal GitHub account, and you will publish the vast majority of your work as open-source and be able to share it with the world for the rest of your career.
- 2+ years of professional experience developing production apps with React and/or React Native
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex projects.
- Ability to take ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- An understanding of React and React Native best practices.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- English skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken English).
- Since Mattermost is remote-first, the ability to thrive in a highly distributed, asynchronous environment is crucial.
- Experience developing native applications for iOS and/or Android (ideally both), or a strong interest to learn.
- Degree in Computer Science or related.
- Experience working in open source communities.
Mattermost, Inc. We provide enterprise-grade messaging solutions for the world’s leading organizations on a vibrant open source platform. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integration across in-house systems. Customers include Intel, Samsung, McKinsey & Company, Medtronic, Urban Outfitters, and the United States Department of Energy. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning 7 time zones.
Want to learn more about Mattermost? Visit Mattermost's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.