Americas Public Sector Sales Engineer
Mattermost, Washington, D.C.
See jobs at Mattermost
- Own the technical sales process from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer satisfaction, upselling, and subscription renewals);
- Map customer requirements to current and future Mattermost offerings;
- Showcase technical demo skills or similar;
- Continuously learn and update skills in quickly evolving technologies;
- Effectively communicate with other lines of business including marketing, product, customer success, and engineering;
- Contribute to cross-functional, company focused activities including technical marketing, speaking at events, blogging, updating documentation based on customer feedback, recording demos, etc.
- At least 10 years of Federal/public sector experience;
- Experienced with the full software development life cycle with particular emphasis on a strong background in DevOps;
- Experienced working in Linux environments to install and troubleshoot applications and databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL);
- An entrepreneur at heart who has startup experience and loves being in the middle of building great companies;
- An organized, independent, self-motivated technical pre-sales professional with experience with the entire sales lifecycle from inception through evaluation, negotiation, onboarding, and ongoing customer success;
- A proven track record of being a hands-on, technical, problem solver with an ability to switch context quickly throughout the day to balance numerous competing demands;
- A storyteller and capable communicator when it comes to articulating business value and demonstrating products;
- Confident working both one-on-one with customers and in tackling public speaking engagements;
- Experienced at gathering and understanding customer business requirements and recommending best practices;
- Passionate about open source;
- Comfortable working with technologies like NGINX, proxies, SSL/TLS set-up;
- Familiar with FIPS, STIG, ATO process, FedRAMP, NIST security publications;
- Familiar with deploying applications within at least one of the following: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Compute Engine;
Mattermost, Inc. We provide enterprise-grade messaging solutions for the world’s leading organizations on a vibrant open source platform. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integration across in-house systems. Customers include Intel, Samsung, McKinsey & Company, Medtronic, Urban Outfitters, and the United States Department of Energy. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning 7 time zones.
Want to learn more about Mattermost? Visit Mattermost's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.