Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
Mattermost, United States
See jobs at Mattermost
- Build services and tools to ensure the stability of Mattermost’s SaaS offering
- Define infrastructure in code with IaC tools like Terraform
- Write thoughtful and high-quality code in Go
- Follow our engineering best practices, and ensure alignment with our Leadership Principles
- Provide technical mentorship for fellow engineers
- Develop services to handle automatic recovery from incidents and disasters
- Automate incident or disaster simulations to identify blindspots
- Set technical vision and innovate to be on the forefront of self-healing SaaS services
- Implement, maintain and tune monitoring and alerting systems
- Deploy applications to and manage Kubernetes clusters
- Participate in our on-call rotation to respond to incidents and resolve problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional DevOps or SRE experience
- 5+ years of previous experience as a developer or SRE with operational responsibilities
- Proven experience responding on-call to incidents with superior knowledge of incident response processes
- Strong skills and experience working with Kubernetes inside and out
- Strong skills and experience working with infrastructure as code tools, such as Terraform
- Solid programming skills and experience with or an ability to quickly become proficient in Go
- Familiarity with container systems such as Kubernetes & Docker
- Familiarity with GitOps and Chaos Engineering
- Ability and willingness to be on-call
- Experience with distributed application systems using HTTP, WebSockets, RPC, pub/sub, etc. at scale
- Open source contributions to related projects
- Knowledge of Grafana and Prometheus suite
- Comfortable with GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, CircleCI
- Experience with WebRTC for real-time communication architectures
- Experience working in open source communities
Mattermost, Inc. We provide enterprise-grade messaging solutions for the world’s leading organizations on a vibrant open source platform. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integration across in-house systems. Customers include Intel, Samsung, McKinsey & Company, Medtronic, Urban Outfitters, and the United States Department of Energy. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning 7 time zones.
Want to learn more about Mattermost? Visit Mattermost's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.