- Create a high performance architecture for our Electron desktop app
- Design, develop and maintain components and core systems
- Support feature teams with tools and systems they need to successfully build on desktop
- Write thoughtful, high quality code
- Maintain and improve existing codebases
- Be a technical project owner, driving projects from kickoff to completion
- Set direction and standards for a large open source project
- Guide, review and support open source contributors and community members
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field/experience
- 3+ years of experience in application design and development
- Strong experience with or an ability to quickly become an expert in Electron
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using and/or developing for all major desktop operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- Experience creating complex web applications that are scalable, manageable and performant
- Experience writing automated unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Ability to work independently in an asynchronous team environment
Mattermost, Inc. We provide enterprise-grade messaging solutions for the world’s leading organizations on a vibrant open source platform. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integration across in-house systems. Customers include Intel, Samsung, McKinsey & Company, Medtronic, Urban Outfitters, and the United States Department of Energy. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning 7 time zones.
Want to learn more about Mattermost? Visit Mattermost's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.