Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics
Medallia, Pleasanton, CA, USA
Defining the future of custome experience
- Support the Medallia Marketing Team by compiling and reporting campaign performance metrics for Digital Marketing campaigns, website behaviors and trends, and purchased media to help guide strategic business decisions and marketing investments.
- Build attribution model and framework to manage global Performance Marketing budget and performance by region, country, and channel (e.g. SEM, display, direct mail, etc.)
- Develop goals and track progress against quarterly budget, lead, and pipeline targets.
- Forecast and provide recommendations for optimal channel investment, pacing, and re-allocation throughout each quarter.
- Partner with Marketing Operations to deliver required data hygiene, data collection processes, and data presentation for decision making.
- Build dashboards that will monitor channel pacing and downstream metrics. Identify new trends, flag potential issues, and provide guidance to channel managers based on findings.
- Lead initiatives to improve data strategy around marketing channels to improve accessibility for analyses.
- Support the campaign management team with guidance on designing marketing test structure to ensure results can be measured and interpreted with statistical significance.
- Support strategic analytic needs to analyze operational and 3rd party data to enable actionable strategic and tactical insight beyond standard reporting to drive strategic marketing direction.
- Mine internal and external data sets and present channel specific findings to team (i.e. what happened and why) and refine future analysis based on feedback/needs.
- Help answer ad-hoc big (and small questions by analyzing company data from any and all channels and sources that drive the leads, pipeline and bookings of our various marketing channels.
- Regularly report findings, provide insights and ongoing KPI’s to regional marketing and sales teams to provide visibility into business performance and to aid decision-making.
- BS/BA degree in math, statistics, engineering, economics, or related degree OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5 + years of experience in strategy consulting, data analytics, business intelligence, or related field.
- Experience working in software industry managing SaaS growth.
- Strong Salesforce reporting experience, including understanding of the standard SFDC data objects, and the ability to create custom reports and dashboards.
- Experience using BI tools such as Tableau and advanced Excel skills.
- Data munging experience, transforming and mapping data from one "raw" data form into another format that provides insights.
- Experience using Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics (Omniture). Reporting and analytic experience with Marketo or similar marketing automation solution is also desired.
- Creative and curious mindset with demonstrated ability to create pragmatic analytic plans that solve the needs of key business questions, including demonstrated ability to ask the questions needed with the adaptability required to work within data environments with imperfect data.
- Strong intellectual curiosity combined with a knack for recognizing correlations, trends, and statistical irregularities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of advertising platforms and reporting on digital marketing KPIs (e.g. CPA, CPM, CTR, etc.) a plus.
Our mission is to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees. Over a thousand of the world’s leading brands trust Medallia Experience Cloud™, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform, to win through customer experience. Through our platform we capture feedback everywhere their customers are, understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action across their organization. This empowers organizations and their employees to embed the pulse of the customer into their daily decisions. Through Medallia Experience Cloud, companies can create more loyal customers, grow faster, reduce costs and improve corporate culture.