Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Mediamorph, New York
Cloud-based platform and data management services.
The Mediamorph engineering team is growing and is looking for a backend Senior Software Engineer (Java). In this role, you will be working with a small development team on the design, development, enhancements and maintenance of mission-critical web-based software for major film studios, TV broadcasters, and cable operators in a high-energy, start-up environment.
- Design and write new APIs and data processing code in Java
- Create new data models to handle our ever-increasing data volume
- Devise algorithms to handle data synchronization across distributed systems
- Write technical requirements and design documents
- Work closely with a cross-functional team on the development of our new platforms and internal tools
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience with software design and development skills in Java.
- Experience with Spring and core Spring components (especially Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data and Spring Data REST)
- Familiarity with agile development
- Experience and comfort working in a startup environment
- Experience with data modeling, in both SQL (ideally PostgreSQL) and non-relational technologies
- Experience with AWS APIs and services a plus (s3, lambda, SNS, SQS)
- Experience with Web Services (REST) a plus
- Experience with git and unit testing
- Experience providing mentorship to other engineers
Mediamorph pays a competitive base salary and full medical and dental benefits. A key additional component of your compensation plan will be in equity whose value will grow as the result of your efforts.
Mediamorph is based in New York City with offices in Los Angeles and London. We invite you to visit our website for more information at www.mediamorph.com.
Mediamorph's products bring the startup mentality to the big players in media and entertainment, helping them measure and understand their digital distribution in a rapidly changing space. Check out their open jobs.
Be a Better Mediamorph Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Mediamorph when you watch classes taught by their top employees.