Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Some of the most important parts of the Meetup experience happen outside of our digital products. As a UX Researcher, your role will be pivotal in shedding light on those important moments and help inform and drive improvements in the user experience.
As UX Research Lead, you will:
- Conduct research across the product cycle, to generate tactical and strategic insights as well as actionable recommendations
- Conduct weekly usability tests in our lab with members, organizers, and guests
- Recruit the right people to participate in research, whether at HQ or remotely
- Help document and communicate insights about different parts of the user journey to product teams
- Contribute to building a roadmap of research projects that help inform product teams’ work as well as identify new opportunities for product innovation and design improvements
- Conduct research using different methods such as surveys, interviews, usability studies, ethnographic observation, or others.
- Work closely with product teams to share findings within a consistent and accessible way
Ideally, you'll possess:
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience conducting research within organizations
- Willingness to take initiative and be creative about getting insights
- Experience using qualitative data to drive success in mobile products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in? If so, tell us your story and send along a link to some samples of your past work.
About Meetup Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organized around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn the things that help them come alive. For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of moving their lives forward. Learn more on the Meetup HQ Blog.