Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things, and actually talk. Join us - we need your help.
The Content Strategy Lead will be instrumental in ensuring the stories and messages we create are powerful, clear and consistent across all our channels. You'll share your vision and be involved from concept to execution to announcement - engaging team members, users, and organizers at each step. It's a thrilling and pivotal time for us to place the power of words in experienced hands.
You're perfect for this role if you are versatile, and if you love both high-level strategy as well as being hands-on in the creation process. You're a strong communicator and you know how to build consensus for ideas, as well as bring cross-functional teams through the finish line.
As Content Strategist Lead, you will:
- Partner with product, design, and brand leads throughout the product lifecycle to focus on content strategy, UX writing, taxonomy, localization, and new feature announcements
- Drive the strategy and communication of content standards and systems for the product across platforms, including email and notifications.
- Build and lead a 2-3 person team of content strategists
- Work with designers to identify and resolve inconsistencies and surface opportunities in our core user flows (RSVP, Join, Registration)
- Initiate research projects, including content audits and gap analysis to identify new opportunities to level up
- Work with a content strategist and designers to lead the effort in simplifying taxonomy for topics, categories, and Meetups
- Collaborate across teams to create, refine, and ensure consistency of Meetup's brand voice
- Collaborate with UX Research and design to evolve and communicate an understanding of what messages work with different segments and why
- Design and implement lightweight workflows to help the team efficiently produce high-quality content
Ideally, you'll possess:
- 7-9 years of experience as a Content Strategist or UX/Product writer, working both independently and cross-functionally in a product/tech company
- A portfolio with samples of great product, UX, email, and mobile app content, including micro-copy and push notifications
- A collaborative work style that allows you to write evolving content to deadline
- Experience in making and scaling the voice of a digital product
- An ability to translate ideas into jargon-free, thoughtful, and concise copy
- Sensitivity to the relationship between copy, information hierarchy, graphic design, and typography
- A yen for designing human interactions that enchant, engage, and empower end users
- Curiosity, drive, independence, humility, and a sense of humor
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in? Tell us your story and send along a link to some writing samples.
About Meetup Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organized around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn the things that help them come alive. For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of moving their lives forward. Learn more on the Meetup HQ Blog.
Want to learn more about Meetup? Visit Meetup's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Product Marketing: Measurement & Attribution
VideoAmp, Santa Monica, CA
Manager, Brand & Editorial - DACH
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sr. Selection Planning Specialist (H&L)
Coupang, Seoul (HQ)
Ad Operations Manager - Global
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Vice President, Digital Growth
Brand Knew, Los Angeles