Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Design Director to lead a multidisciplinary team of designers focused on bringing our exciting mission from a vision to reality. The ideal candidate has experience shipping world-class products and a strong design sense that values simplicity and usability.
What you’ll do
- Lead a 3-5 person product design team
- Develop and drive forward the design vision to align with the company vision and help inform product and design team roadmaps and goal setting
- Be a strong voice in evolving the product design workflow to better drive impact and cross-team functionality
- Establish and reinforce consistent design patterns and solutions, set a high-quality bar, and help eliminate design debt across the platform
- Provide feedback and guidance around all facets of the product design process, between user experience design, interface design, and visual design
- Lead the professional development of designers through coaching and performance management
- Build strong ties with Product and Engineering directors to spark collaboration between teams, and develop a more transparent and strategic development process
- Manage workload across team, allocate designers to projects
- Be an advocate for design across the company and proactively seek buy-in from leadership and other teams.
- Recruit and interview new Product Designers, review incoming candidates, and actively improve our design hiring process
What skills you have
- 6+ years design experience working on consumer mobile products
- 2+ years experience as a people manager on a design team
- Ability to recruit, hire, onboard, and lead a talented team of product designers
- Enthusiastic giver and receiver of feedback; comfortable managing conflict
- History of establishing effective design processes
- Strong organization skills and an ability to clearly and cohesively share ideas and processes across the team.
- Curious, optimistic and a skilled problem-solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to set up frameworks and brainstorm initial concepts
- Strong understanding of how the product design process works from UX to visual design
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?
About Meetup Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organized around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn the things that help them come alive. For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of moving their lives forward. Learn more on the Meetup HQ Blog.
Want to learn more about Meetup? Visit Meetup's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Designer, Growth
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Manager
Amperity, Seattle, WA
Service Leader - Managed Detection and Response
Rapid7, Alexandria, VA
International Product Specialist, Italy (Contract)
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
Analyst, Product Metadata (Licensed Content) (Japanese)
Netflix, Los Angeles, California