Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We’re looking for an engineering lead to direct and support the team that is modernizing the payment infrastructure that powers 100% of our revenue and the internal tools our teams use.
If you’re an engineer who is excited to lead a cross-functional product team, loves to mentor other engineers, has a strong background in collaborating with product to build products that delight users, and are passionate about guiding your team to set and meet ambitious goals, this is the job for you!
You should have:
- At least 1 year of experience leading a cross-functional team, including remote engineers
- Experience collaborating with product to create roadmaps for your team
- Experience guiding your team to create estimates and realistic timelines
- Demonstrated ability to come up with technical solutions to problems
- Demonstrated ability to balance the need to complete features with paying down tech debt
- Excellent communication skills, able to talk about Engineering problems, roadblocks, and solutions in a way that makes sense to non-technical people
- The ability to work in any of the tools we use: Scala, Java, React, Redux (if you don’t know them we will teach you!)
Many of the engineers on this team are remote, so this would be a great fit for a candidate who is comfortable and effective working remotely during our core hours of 10am-6pm EST.
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?
About Meetup Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organized around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn the things that help them come alive. For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of moving their lives forward. Learn more on the Meetup HQ Blog.
Want to learn more about Meetup? Visit Meetup's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Globalization Technologies and Infrastructure
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Data Platform Engineer
SendGrid, Redwood City
Cloud- Build/Release Engineer
Senior Front End Developer
Software Development Engineer in Test (backend)
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Captain401, San Francisco