Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow -- and to help new ones form -- we are rapidly growing our teams to maximize our impact on lives. We're ready to reshape and rebuild Meetup for the mobile, global future, and to craft experiences that echo the amazing feeling of going to a great meetup in real life.
A Senior Core Engineer on this team gets to push code and deploy multiple times daily and work alongside a smart, friendly, dedicated team to build the next generation of Meetup products with some greenfield spaces to solve! You’ll hit the ground running working with smart, visionary, supportive people who are excited by what we do.
What you get to do:
- Build back-end services and APIs that serve content for our mobile and web applications
- Collaborate with product and platform teams on new ideas and feature development
- Architect, design, and implement features across multiple areas of our product and platform
- Participate in code reviews in a continuous delivery environment
- State your opinions and contribute to an inclusive decision-making process
- Help re-architect and build our new services-oriented platform
- Learn new things, mentor and share knowledge with team members
Who you are:
- You're thrilled at the idea of helping grow local community worldwide
- You have 3+ years' experience programming in Scala or Java (or anything else on the JVM!)
- You're comfortable working in production and have shown ability to address issues that arise within it
- Have proven ability to own and complete projects including the design/architecture
- Have mentored engineers on your team
- You are active in your community! You're not one to shy away from giving tech talks or participating in the tech community
- Have good API development experience
- Exhibit strong database skills
- Know/like any of the tools we use: Scala, Java, Redis/MySQL, AWS
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?
About Meetup Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organized around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn the things that help them come alive. For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of moving their lives forward. Learn more on the Meetup HQ Blog.
Want to learn more about Meetup? Visit Meetup's website.
Jobs You May Like
Machine Learning Engineering Intern
thredUP, San Francisco
Software Engineer: Product Infrastructure
Oscar, New York, NY
Software Engineer, Data Services
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Director of Software Engineering - Customer Lifecycle
Senior Front-End Developer - Analytics
Lightspeed, Montreal, QC
Senior Software Engineer - Payments
Twitch, San Francisco, CA