Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Senior iOS Engineers are leaders on the team and strong contributors. If you're applying for this role, you excel not just technically, but also in your ability to collaborate with your colleagues. You help drive architecture decisions, estimate project time frames, and manage sub-tasks. More than other engineers, you should be an advocate for iOS best practices, great usability, and exceptional quality.
- Experienced: You’re well-versed in developing quality iOS applications from conception through App Store launch. You have a deep understanding of the full suite of iOS tooling in Swift including threading, storyboards, XCTest, debugging and performance optimization.
- Customer focused: You love good software and design. You understand the importance of bringing value to our users through quality software.
- A team player: You are the consummate team player. You work well with others. You aim to learn from, teach, and give timely and specific feedback to your colleagues.
- Adaptable: You can handle changing requirements and difficult problems. You build for the long-term while managing iterative, short-term needs.
- Values-aligned: You have a dedication to the company's core mission of cultivating local community worldwide.
What you do with our team:
- Focus on building out the future of the flagship Meetup app using Swift
- Work with Core engineers to define how data should be structured and delivered via our APIs
- Collaborate with designers to ensure that the app is beautiful and a pleasure to use for all our users
- Define engineering approach to product features in collaboration with our product team and iOS peers
- Manage and improve our app release process through tooling and automation
Bonus points for:
- Working knowledge of Realm and/or AlamoFire
- Shipping API driven apps seen by millions
- Leading and mentoring engineers
- Organizing local meetups
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?
About Meetup Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organized around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn the things that help them come alive. For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of moving their lives forward. Learn more on the Meetup HQ Blog.
Want to learn more about Meetup? Visit Meetup's website.
Jobs You May Like
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Sr Software Engineer - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, Denver, Colorado
Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack), Shop
Casper, New York
Embedded Systems Software Engineer
Samsara, San Francisco
Solution Architect - Application Transformation
Pivotal Software, Singapore
Grain Analytics Manager
Indigo, Memphis, TN