Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to help us invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and activities they love. If you're someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights from real people and can turn those insights into beautifully designed prototypes and products, both interactions and visuals, then this is the right role for you.
What you'll do:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle. You set the vision for the user experience and work with others to iterate towards that vision
- Work with cross-functional teams. You'll partner closely with engineering and product to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Be autonomous. You'll take full ownership of your work and you take responsibility for every detail each step of the way.
- Inspire what's possible by quickly producing multiple concepts, knowing when to apply attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Communicate clearly to present your work at different stages
- Actively participate in design critiques to give and receive feedback from other designers to make your work stronger
- Ability to think long- and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision
Who you are:
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies, mostly for mobile experiences
- You're an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate your design decisions
- You have a user- and data-focused design mentality and are constantly looking to sharpen your instincts through user feedback and data insight
- You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- You have experience in building and shipping applications or software
- You have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- You are excited to help build and lead a design culture at Meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?
About Meetup Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organized around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn the things that help them come alive. For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of moving their lives forward. Learn more on the Meetup HQ Blog.