Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic executive to lead product development at Meetup. As VP Product, you will play a pivotal role in developing the company's product roadmap, in creating a world-class experience for Meetup members, and in shipping products that will spark explosive growth of Meetups. You should have a solid reputation for building great mobile products that have a big impact and delight users. We also expect you to be a seasoned manager who has a passion and penchant for building and leading world-class product teams.
Meetup is a 15-year-old, mission-driven company, with 30+ million passionate members and organizers across 180 countries. In 2016, we rebranded and shipped completely new apps, and our management team continued to evolve into a diverse, future-facing team. The VP Product will have the opportunity to take this solid foundation and invent a new future where millions of high-quality Meetups are sparked, and millions of lives are changed. If you are fired up by the idea of creating serious growth for Meetup, this is the job for you.
Building a successful partnership with senior business, design and engineering leaders is a critical part of this job, so you'll need to be a great communicator and collaborator, in addition to a great manager of people and projects.
You're our ideal teammate if you:
- Want to help change a company and position one of the Internet's great brands for explosive growth
- Have held an in-house senior product role at a consumer tech or e-commerce company
- Have at least 10 years of experience managing people and are known for building, leading and inspiring awesome product teams
- Have launched great iOS and Android apps
- Are obsessed with measuring the impact of everything you ship
- Collaborate successfully with other senior leaders, especially from design and engineering
- Think strategically but you're also willing to get your hands dirty
- Are up on all the latest trends in voice, conversational UIs, and other emerging platforms and you have a strong instinctual sense of where things are going
- Have international experience; Meetup is translated into 12 languages, with more being added soon
- Easily come up with simple solutions to complex problems
We'd love to hear from you if you're inspired by Meetup's mission to enable millions of people around the world to experience the power and joy that come from real, local, face-to-face community, and if you're excited to help lead a company in a new direction.
About Meetup Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organized around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn the things that help them come alive. For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of moving their lives forward. Learn more on the Meetup HQ Blog.