Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We’re looking for an Associate Account Manager to support the success of Meetup Pro, a thriving business that helps organizations spawn local communities around the world and allow millions of people to experience the power and joy that come from real, local, face-to-face community.
Thousands of businesses currently organize Meetups, and organizations always ask how they can use the Meetup platform to connect to their fans and followers in real life. We launched Meetup Pro to help those organizations transform their audience into a community. Meetup Pro allows brands (the vast majority of whom are tech companies) to grow awareness and foster real-life brand engagement at scale. Brands manage networks of Meetup groups, creating authentic connections with local communities of new and existing customers.
Reporting to the Manager of Enterprise Account Management, the Associate Account Manager is responsible for managing the retention, success, and growth of customers with medium to large Meetup Pro networks.
What you get to do:
- Manage a renewal pipeline and a book of business of up to 200 accounts
- Build exceptional customer relationships with assigned Meetup Pro clients
- Actively look for innovative ways to drive value for existing clients and opportunities to drive year over year account growth
- Develop a complete understanding of account needs, community-building goals and challenges of each account
- Proactively assess client health and complete monthly and/or quarterly customer account review
- Identify opportunities and additional value to customers
- Partner with the Enterprise team to maximize revenue through up-selling/cross-selling
- Communicate product updates to customers and highlighting benefits and value to the clients
- Informing and driving our product roadmap through consistent feedback to our product team
- Using Salesforce best practices to keep our data clean and maintain our sales pipeline
Who you are:
- A people person: 2+ years of previous experience in a customer-facing role such as customer support, account management, account executive, business development
- Results driver: demonstrated ability to manage and grow small to medium-sized clients
- A problem solver: results focused problem solver with a “can do” attitude, ability to take an innovative approach to solving problems
- An articulate communicator with strong attention to detail: whether in-person meetings or phone calls or emails - you get the right point across in all situations
- Strong organizational skills: able to multitask, handle high volumes of accounts with ease, and willingness to document and experiment with different processes
- Experience supporting and selling SaaS products
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (preferred)
- Experience carrying a quota (preferred)
- Experience with community building; preferably a Meetup organizer or community builder (preferred)
- Knowledge of the Meetup platform
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?
About Meetup Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organized around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn the things that help them come alive. For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of moving their lives forward. Learn more on the Meetup HQ Blog.