Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Every year, millions of people RSVP to an eclectic variety of Meetups around the world. Activity on Meetup is growing faster than ever and by studying it, we’re learning how to help members discover the groups and events that are right for them -- sparking new ways to make their worlds come alive than ever before. We are a collaborative and dedicated team seeking a Director of Data Science join us in designing and building the future vision of Meetup.
What you’ll get to do:
- Drive strategy and planning for all aspects of research, insights, modeling and data science methodologies to help advance our product
- Partner closely with product, engineering, and business teams to understand feature adoption, proactively identify opportunities for improvement, and build robust scalable tools to empower decision-making at all levels of the company
- Rapidly prototype new metrics & models to generate new insights about our two-sided marketplace and improve the Meetup product
- Create novel and interpretable metrics to provide insight into the health of the Meetup app and use analytics, modeling, and experimentation to understand their impact on business goals
- Own the vision and roadmap for a Data Science and Insight team, supporting a key pillar of Meetup’s mission
- Transform data into opportunities - establish hypotheses, dig into the data, and seek to understand root causes - to improve the effectiveness of our product and engineering efforts
- In partnership with our Data leaders, inform architectural decisions, establish best practices, develop lean scalable processes, and contribute to the overall direction of the Data organization
- Modernize machine learning and modeling techniques which power our community platform and bring people together
You're our ideal team member if you have:
- Ph.D. degree in Statistics or related field
- 2+ years of experience in leading and managing data science teams
- Experience with Spark or other distributed processing frameworks
- Experience building and analyzing A/B and multivariate tests
- Experience partnering directly with clients (either internal or external) and leading projects with multiple work streams
- Experience partnering with data engineerings, business intelligence and product partners
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, and passionate about enabling people coming together and creating the future of real community; a future where people embrace their differences and similarities, show up, do things, and turn to each other to improve their lives. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and developing diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment. You in?
About Meetup Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organized around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn the things that help them come alive. For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of moving their lives forward. Learn more on the Meetup HQ Blog.
Want to learn more about Meetup? Visit Meetup's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Enterprise Account Executive - Insurance
Mendix, New York | New Jersey |Pennsylvania | Delaware |Maryland ...