We have a very exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated Senior UX/UI Designer to be part of the team building Australia's most popular and high-profile apps.
You must be passionate about apps and care about the small details which make an app really great to use. Importantly, you will have a strong knowledge of iOS and Android’s Design Guidelines with the ability to design intuitive interfaces for both platforms.
This is a dream role for someone who loves utilizing their design skills in creating app concepts, communicating them clearly, defining the end solution and driving a great user experience.
What does the role involve?
- Work with clients to gather and understand the requirements of a project
- Work iteratively designing screens, interactions and prototypes to help define the product
- Prepare, facilitate and present designs to clients and stakeholders in workshops and multi-day product sprints
- Partner with Project Managers, developers, fellow designers and clients to oversee the visual design and user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Lead user-centered design effort to develop, design and document the detailed user journey for an app through detailed wireframes
- Create interactive prototypes to communicate your intentions and validate ideas
- Conduct usability testing sessions - Coordinate preparation, recruitment, facilitation and defining outcomes
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure that the technical dependencies and possible user experience risks are handled up front
- Clearly document the business rules & behaviour for an app through detailed development stories
- Work with our development teams throughout the Agile development lifecycle
- Consult with clients on how mobile applications form part of their wider digital strategy
- Lead estimation sessions for UX & Design work across multiple projects
- Mentor junior UX and UI designers in the team
- Becoming proficient with Outware Mobile’s agile processes for producing quality apps
What do we look for in a suitable candidate?
- Degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design or Psychology.
- Excellent understanding of Android & iOS design guidelines
- Solid experience in digital/web design with at least 3 years in mobile design
- Experience (examples) designing visual interfaces - web, applications, mobile, etc.
- Solid experience in building UX deliverables such as wireframes, user flows and functional specifications
- The ability to interpret brand guidelines
- Ability to express your ideas and opinion on what makes a great mobile user experience
- Experience in coordinating usability testing activity
- Experience working in an agile software delivery environment
- Excellent people skills & collaborative approach to working
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting to large stakeholder groups
- Ability to work at high speed, multi-task, and manage multiple projects at once with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgeable about mobile apps and devices - up to date on latest technology and trends
- Interest in emerging design tools/techniques
What are the perks of working with Outware?
- Improve and develop your mobile skills on high profile projects
- Be part of a creative and passionate team that loves technology
- Be supported by friendly and experienced colleagues that can help you progress your career
- Work from a great central location close to public transport and cafes
- Join a team that is committed to being a great place to work
- Regular company wide hackathons
- Outware podcast with regular design contributions
- Outware design blog, where you can a post your thoughts on the latest mobile design trends
As part of your application you must include:
- A link to your online portfolio - demonstrating your key achievements, examples of design work including your UX design process where available (web/mobile preferred)
About Melbourne IT
ABOUT MELBOURNE IT GROUP. Melbourne IT helps organisations of all sizes to successfully do business online. Our complete portfolio of cloud-based technology services drives business effectiveness and profitability for many customers in Australia and around the world. The breadth of our offering extends from helping small businesses build an online presence through to managing the complex technology environments of large enterprises and governments - including Internet domain name services, critical web hosting, online brand protection and promotion, video content delivery, application development services, managed cloud and security services and much much more. Melbourne IT's culture of integrity, innovation, collaboration and customer centricity has been built by its large team of passionate professionals that have been delivering managed online services since 1996. Our customers range from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies and internationally recognised government organisations. Melbourne IT is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) under the stock ticker MLB.