At MemSQL we're not just building a database, we are building a data platform. We believe that every company deserves a scalable, performant, reliable, and easy to use solution to their operational data needs, and the Helios Team is focused on ensuring MemSQL exceeds these requirements. The team's product includes a revolutionary visual dashboard, a SQL IDE, a hybrid cloud control plane based on Kubernetes, and real-time health monitoring. The Helios team ships continuously-deployed production services and works to provide the best possible MemSQL experience.
As a software engineer on the Helios Frontend Team, you will focus on optimizing the customer lifecycle and ensuring that we deliver a world-class user experience via a data-driven development process. We believe that data management software doesn't need to be purely functional or boring; our investment in interaction and design will pay dividends down the road. Your role will include working closely with our Product and Design teams as we build the world's first bottomless operational database in the cloud. You'll also be responsible for running experiments and collecting data on these, while being an integral part of our design process.
Here are some articles about the frontend work we've recently done at MemSQL:
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop a world-class control plane responsible for providing an innovative operational analytics solution in the cloud
- Be part of the team that ships the world's first bottomless operational database
- Work closely with product managers, designers, customers, and other engineers to ensure we deliver a high-quality experience
- Proactively contribute to the team's engineering process to assist with our ability to scale and deliver projects on time
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working with the modern frontend development toolchain including: React, TypeScript/Flow, browser quirks, asset packaging, networking
- 2+ years of experience working on a SaaS product
- Intellectual curiosity about investigating issues that impact business metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Passion for building high-quality products that are robust and easy to maintain in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
MemSQL is The No-Limits Database™ powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, scalable architecture for maximum ingest and query performance at the highest concurrency. MemSQL envisions a world where every business can make decisions in real-time and every experience is optimized through data.
Global enterprises use the MemSQL distributed database to easily ingest, process, analyze, and act on data in order to thrive in today’s insight-driven economy. MemSQL is optimized to run on any public cloud or on-premises with commodity hardware. Visit memsql.com or follow us @memsql.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
As the world changes—and it's changing faster than ever—you need to be adapting to it. You need to be anticipating problems before they occur. You need to be able to shift direction as fast as the trends do. And you need to know, in the moment, that you're shifting in the right direction. The businesses that shape the future will be the ones capable of this. They will make every moment work for them. Every change will become an opportunity. Insights will become actions. And every piece of data, a new perspective that drives innovation and engagement. This will not wait. This is today. Tomorrow. And every second of every day to come. This is what will separate the companies that thrive from the ones that die. This is real time.
Want to learn more about MemSQL? Visit MemSQL's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.