The MemSQL database engine team is responsible for building the core database engine behind MemSQL. This includes developing in-memory and on-disk data structures and algorithms, row and columnar stores, networking, query optimization, and execution.
As a senior software engineer on the database engine team, you will have the unique benefit of building systems software in a rapid production environment with a small and collaborative team. This includes overseeing the direction, design and development of key features that can be attributed to just a handful of engineers. In this position, you will be empowered to leverage your technical, leadership, and business acumen while mentoring other engineers who are eager to learn from you.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead innovation for major software components, systems, and features.
- Design and develop new systems to enhance database performance with good throughput and low latency.
- Ensure data consistency and durability with breakthrough performance and scalability.
- Automate and test your own code to improve overall software quality.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
- Actively participate in customer POCs to optimize customer experience and adoption.
- Work collaboratively with multiple departments such as Sales, Marketing, and G&A.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least five years of experience developing and debugging in system level C/C++, particularly on Linux
- At least two years of experience with file systems, concurrency, multithreading, and server architectures
- Experience working on database internals or multi-threaded server internals
- Passionate about building highly reliable system software
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a similar field
MemSQL envisions a world of adaptable databases and flexible data workloads - your data anywhere in real time. Today, global enterprises use MemSQL as a real-time data warehouse to cost-effectively ingest data and produce industry-leading time to insight. MemSQL works as a managed service, in any cloud, or on-premises environment.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Seattle, WA and Portland OR, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, and more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
As the world changes—and it's changing faster than ever—you need to be adapting to it. You need to be anticipating problems before they occur. You need to be able to shift direction as fast as the trends do. And you need to know, in the moment, that you're shifting in the right direction. The businesses that shape the future will be the ones capable of this. They will make every moment work for them. Every change will become an opportunity. Insights will become actions. And every piece of data, a new perspective that drives innovation and engagement. This will not wait. This is today. Tomorrow. And every second of every day to come. This is what will separate the companies that thrive from the ones that die. This is real time.
Want to learn more about MemSQL? Visit MemSQL's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Solutions Manager
Taboola, New York
Pivotal Software, San Francisco
Sr. Staff Security Engineer - Cloud Architecture
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
C# / Java Developer
Braintribe, Belgrade, Serbia
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning Infrastructure
Discord, 444 De Haro St