MemSQL is looking for an accomplished sales professional to add to our growing team. This person will be responsible for transforming named accounts into real-time enterprises within the Northwest region. We are more than doubling annual revenue year-over-year and our list of Fortune 500 customers continues to grow. We are looking for a high-tech sales evangelist and startup player who can showcase MemSQL’s market superiority and grow our strategic accounts customer list.
Role and Responsibilities
The Enterprise Account Executive will develop, manage, and close sales opportunities at Fortune 500 accounts within the Northwest region. You will have the opportunity to over-achieve and earn uncapped commission and accelerators. To meet or exceed territory sales targets, you will use deep industry expertise, drive, creativity and your already formed relationships with C-level clients, buyers, and stakeholders. You thrive in an environment that is fast-moving and highly collaborative.
- Develop and execute territory account plans to achieve (and ideally exceed) individual software quota responsibility.
- Lead multiple customer sales cycles and close effectively (you should be a hunter, not a sales order taker).
- Quickly learn new software product(s) and clearly communicate the value proposition.
- Manage effective working relationships with Technical Sales Engineers, Consulting Professionals, and Inside Sales Reps.
- Develop strong relationships with key decision makers, influencers, and partners within your territory.
- Successfully operate in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment without requiring a lot of overhead support (You can produce your own territory plan, presentations, quotes, etc.).
- Ability to travel within your assigned territory
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of successfully selling new enterprise solutions (large software, big data, analytics solutions) and increasing revenue through new customer acquisition.
- 8+ years of successful software sales experience with a focus on Technology and Solutions Selling of one or more of the following technology products: RDBMS, Middleware, Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Big Data
- Consistent track record of surpassing sales targets
- Strong understanding of how to grow a greenfield territory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with very strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to sell to CXO or line of business, successfully emphasizing business value versus product.
- Strong ability to connect with customers by actively listen to determine their needs.
- Bachelor's Degree
MemSQL envisions a world of adaptable databases and flexible data workloads - your data anywhere in real time. Today, global enterprises use MemSQL as a real-time data warehouse to cost-effectively ingest data and produce industry-leading time to insight. MemSQL works as a managed service, in any cloud, or on-premises environment.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Seattle, WA and Portland OR, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, and more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
As the world changes—and it's changing faster than ever—you need to be adapting to it. You need to be anticipating problems before they occur. You need to be able to shift direction as fast as the trends do. And you need to know, in the moment, that you're shifting in the right direction. The businesses that shape the future will be the ones capable of this. They will make every moment work for them. Every change will become an opportunity. Insights will become actions. And every piece of data, a new perspective that drives innovation and engagement. This will not wait. This is today. Tomorrow. And every second of every day to come. This is what will separate the companies that thrive from the ones that die. This is real time.