Solutions Consultants at MemSQL are solving some of the most cutting-edge technical challenges in today’s data-driven world. When customers evaluate MemSQL, Solutions Consultants are their trusted technical experts who evaluate, identify, and demonstrate how MemSQL can solve their mission-critical business needs. As key contributors to our sales organization, Solutions Consultants add tremendous value to the customer journey and directly impact company growth and revenue.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying the technical requirements necessary to deliver business value for our Fortune 1,000 customers. Working in partnership with Enterprise Account Executives, you will help to acquire new customers and expand existing accounts. You will do this by leveraging your technical skill set and business acumen to understand complex solutions and create high-quality demos that resonate with our customers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Partner with Account Executives to close new business (logos) and expand existing accounts
- Design, develop, and deploy POCs with prospective customers
- Drive the technical evaluation stage of the sales cycle, acting as the technical lead/subject matter expert (query tuning, load testing, etc.)
- Partner with internal teams (Product, Engineering, etc.) to share feedback on customer needs and requests
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience successfully selling infrastructure software, preferably a database, distributed system, or similar product
- Firm understanding of database fundamentals, including both analytic and transactional processing
- Expertise executing POCs (proof of concepts), with experience designing and deploying complex technologies into existing customer environments
- In-Depth understanding of databases, including various competitive products (Oracle, SAP, MySQL, Teradata, etc.)
- Proficient programming skills in Python, PHP, or other programming language
- Ability to travel within the region and internationally
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical field
MemSQL is The No Limits Database, powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, massively scalable architecture for maximum ingest and query performance with the highest concurrency. MemSQL envisions a world where every business can make decisions in real time and every experience is optimized through data.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Seattle, WA and Portland OR, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, and more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
As the world changes—and it's changing faster than ever—you need to be adapting to it. You need to be anticipating problems before they occur. You need to be able to shift direction as fast as the trends do. And you need to know, in the moment, that you're shifting in the right direction. The businesses that shape the future will be the ones capable of this. They will make every moment work for them. Every change will become an opportunity. Insights will become actions. And every piece of data, a new perspective that drives innovation and engagement. This will not wait. This is today. Tomorrow. And every second of every day to come. This is what will separate the companies that thrive from the ones that die. This is real time.
Want to learn more about MemSQL? Visit MemSQL's website.
32 Active Jobs
Help the world share their story