MemSQL is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help optimize and scale our managed service offering across all three major cloud providers. In this role, you will be at the intersection of leading technology trends - A highly performant distributed database, managed by Kubernetes, running in the cloud. This is a great opportunity to push the boundaries with a cloud focused SRE role.
This is a development role, requiring an engineering mindset to solve operational challenges. You will be part of a globally distributed team of engineers, helping to drive SRE practices across the company. Through infrastructure automation, you will help us grow our service across multiple cloud platforms. This requires a relentless focus on eliminating manual processes. You will also leverage our monitoring platform to improve overall customer experience by systematically identifying and fixing any issues impacting our customers. As an SRE you will also help diagnose issues on the platform, leveraging a deep understanding of the MemSQL query engine along with the backend infrastructure.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop automation platform to manage infrastructure rollouts across cloud providers
- Optimize telemetry platform to identify customer impacting events while providing relevant data to drive debugging
- Partner with engineering team to optimize performance of services for cloud architecture
- Debug Live Site events and conduct follow up post mortem and RCA analysis
- Participate in a SLA-driven on-call rotation, which will include after-hours, weekend, and rotating holiday participation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Infrastructure automation experience. Python and GoLang a plus.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and the container ecosystem
- Strong cross group collaboration and communication skills
- Familiar with at least one of AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience debugging, diagnosing and troubleshooting complex, production software
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
MemSQL is The Database of Now, powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, massively scalable architecture. MemSQL delivers maximum ingest, accelerated transaction processing and blisteringly fast query performance, including AI integration and machine learning models, all at the highest concurrency. Global enterprises use the MemSQL distributed database to easily ingest, process, analyze and act on data, to thrive in today’s insight-driven economy. MemSQL is optimized to run on any public cloud or on-premises with commodity hardware.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices globally, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including GV, Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, and more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
As the world changes—and it's changing faster than ever—you need to be adapting to it. You need to be anticipating problems before they occur. You need to be able to shift direction as fast as the trends do. And you need to know, in the moment, that you're shifting in the right direction. The businesses that shape the future will be the ones capable of this. They will make every moment work for them. Every change will become an opportunity. Insights will become actions. And every piece of data, a new perspective that drives innovation and engagement. This will not wait. This is today. Tomorrow. And every second of every day to come. This is what will separate the companies that thrive from the ones that die. This is real time.
Want to learn more about MemSQL? Visit MemSQL's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.