We are looking for an experienced Technical Account Manager (TAM) who’s excited to work in a fast-paced environment. As a key member of the TAM team, you will demonstrate your deep technical expertise and customer facing skills to develop and execute on the team’s organizational strategy. This position will interface across multiple departments including product, field sales, engineering, and marketing, playing a key role in customer adoption and customer success.
A key aspect of this role is that you are passionate about developing deep, technical relationships with strategic customers who have large and complex deployments of MemSQL. In addition to helping these customers utilize our technology, you will “own your impact” in helping to build applications that have a profound influence on the way companies do business. As a TAM, you will work closely with clients to operationalize their solutions in a frictionless manner from Proof of Concept to “Steady State”. You will exercise your communication and documentation skills to provide executive management with direct insight to the health and state of our product and customers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ongoing technical manager and MemSQL liaison for a small number of key, enterprise customers.
- Act as the customer’s trusted technical advisor, helping enterprises mature their MemSQL capabilities, skills, and knowledge.
- Partner with MemSQL marketing to document customer solutions and increase customer referenceability.
- Solve our customer’s Enterprise Architecture challenges, focusing heavily on Ingest, Backup, and BI.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience with complex applications or distributed systems, possessing broad knowledge their deployments and operationalization.
- Experience working closely with customers and partners to successfully deploy complex solutions
- Hands on experience with several of the following technologies: MemSQL,, MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle SQL, NoSQL, Key Value Stores, REST, Hadoop, Data warehouse appliances, Linux, Python, PHP and BI/ETL solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical field - Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to travel within the region (~25%)
MemSQL is The No-Limits Database™ powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, scalable architecture for maximum ingest and query performance at the highest concurrency. MemSQL envisions a world where every business can make decisions in real time and every experience is optimized through data.
Global enterprises use the MemSQL distributed database to easily ingest, process, analyze, and act on data in order to thrive in today’s insight-driven economy. MemSQL is optimized to run on any public cloud or on-premises with commodity hardware. Visit memsql.com or follow us @memsql.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
As the world changes—and it's changing faster than ever—you need to be adapting to it. You need to be anticipating problems before they occur. You need to be able to shift direction as fast as the trends do. And you need to know, in the moment, that you're shifting in the right direction. The businesses that shape the future will be the ones capable of this. They will make every moment work for them. Every change will become an opportunity. Insights will become actions. And every piece of data, a new perspective that drives innovation and engagement. This will not wait. This is today. Tomorrow. And every second of every day to come. This is what will separate the companies that thrive from the ones that die. This is real time.
Want to learn more about MemSQL? Visit MemSQL's website.
Sweat in good company