The Platform Team focuses on enterprise usability, hybrid cloud solutions, and strategic integrations empowering our customers to achieve their goals. We believe that enterprise software doesn't need to be purely functional or boring; our investment in interaction and design will pay dividends down the road. Every engineer on the team shares a passion for providing a world-class user experience via a data-driven development process. We believe in helping our customers adopt a cloud strategy which avoids lock-in and doesn't compromise security policy. Last but not least, we realize that some customers need us to work with solutions they already have, and that building integrations with third-party tools may be the best path to customer success.
Joining us as a software engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop continuously deployed software with a collaborative team. As our team operates in parallel on multiple features, you will manage the entire lifecycle of feature development at varying levels of complexity. This includes working directly with other teams as well as customers to ensure we always exceed expectations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop world-class deployment, management, and integration tools for MemSQL eco-system
- Build and support automated tests to ensure code and solutions quality
- Be part of the team that ships management tools and integrations for the MemSQL database
- Perform high-quality code reviews for your team members
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of professional experience working with at least one of the following programming languages: Go, C++, C, Rust, Scala, C#
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating systems
- Individually motivated personality - as a member of a small and specialized team, you will need to take initiative and be able to make large contributions on your own
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Recommended Skills and Experience
- Experience running applications on Kubernetes
- Experience developing a Kubernetes Operator
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Understanding of how database connectors work from popular languages and tools
MemSQL is The Database of Now, powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, massively scalable architecture. MemSQL delivers maximum ingest, accelerated transaction processing and blisteringly fast query performance, including AI integration and machine learning models, all at the highest concurrency. Global enterprises use the MemSQL distributed database to easily ingest, process, analyze and act on data, to thrive in today’s insight-driven economy. MemSQL is optimized to run on any public cloud or on-premises with commodity hardware.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices globally, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including GV, Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, and more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
As the world changes—and it's changing faster than ever—you need to be adapting to it. You need to be anticipating problems before they occur. You need to be able to shift direction as fast as the trends do. And you need to know, in the moment, that you're shifting in the right direction. The businesses that shape the future will be the ones capable of this. They will make every moment work for them. Every change will become an opportunity. Insights will become actions. And every piece of data, a new perspective that drives innovation and engagement. This will not wait. This is today. Tomorrow. And every second of every day to come. This is what will separate the companies that thrive from the ones that die. This is real time.
Want to learn more about MemSQL? Visit MemSQL's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.