Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
As Business Analyst you are responsible for the understanding of the current supply chain (domains, landscape, processes, data flows) and identify future needs and create solutions to help meet those needs in relation to processes, information and software systems. This role is a new role and is positioned under the supervision of the Director Program and Change.
Your responsibilities will be:
You will demonstrate excellent understanding of the way the organization works and the sector it operates in, as you'll be helping the organization to develop its functions, services and products to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders.
You'll also play a key role in communicating between internal departments and external parties, acting as a 'translator' where necessary to convey how information technology can support the organization's needs.
As the liaison between business and IT you will be translating business needs to IT solutions, and vice versa, with program objectives, project results and initiatives in mind.
· Use process modelling practices to analyse your findings and create scenario’s for strategic and operational improvements and changes;
· Manage process change;
· Lead process redesign workshops;
· Educate business users responsible for managing and operating business processes;
· Consider opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions you make.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
· A good 10+ years of relevant experience in the field of business operations
· Master or bachelor degree in a relevant field of study
· CMMI level 1 and higher (understanding what incorporating maturity in your advice means)
· BA tooling and techniques (e.g. BABOK)
· Cloud / SaaS (knowing what and where to look for)
· The ability to work under pressure on multiple projectsin a Agile/Scrum environment.
· The ability to talk and present to a range of audiences, sometimes acting as a translator between parties
· A strong drive to define solutions, with a positive attitude to change
· Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
· A strong interest in business and business development
· A good understanding of information technology
And with the personal characteristics of being intelligent, analytic, highly driven, hands-on, self-learning.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.
We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale.
Who we are
We’ve been in your shoes
We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy.
Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success.
We are here to help
We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.