Junior/ Medior Python Backend Engineer
We help enterprises achieve their digital goals
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Building, shipping, and maintaining complex infrastructure at scale. The Mendix Cloud hosts tens of thousands of mission-critical customer applications, powering anything from insurance quotes, to ensuring that PostNL can deliver millions of parcels on time.
- Specifically, you will be part of the team developing logging, monitoring, and backups infrastructure for the Mendix Cloud.
- We work as part of a scrum team, in 2 week sprints.
- You will help ensure all systems are always available by also being responsible for running them in production. We are a team with on-call duty.
We’re looking for you if:
- You have excellent coding skills in Python (5+ years). You know your List from your Tuple, you know the difference between copy and deepcopy, you know the difference between list comprehensions and generator expressions, and you live and breathe the standard library.
- You have proven experience (at least 3 years) building cloud-based solutions. This would ideally be on AWS, but other clouds are fine too. AWS components that we use include: S3, RDS, Route 53, Kinesis, Lambda & SQS.
- You have experience building highly-scalable, highly-available, multi-region, and distributed systems and microservice architectures.
- You have good knowledge of Unix/Linux fundamentals.
- You have a DevOps mindset: you build it, you run it.
- You care about code quality, and know how to lead by example: from a clean Git history, to well thought-out unit and integration tests.
- You are willing and able to use your technical expertise to mentor, train, and lead other engineers.
Even better (but not essential!) if you have experience with:
- Some of the following Python frameworks/libraries: Flask, Pyramid, Django, Celery, SQLAlchemy, Boto3, Requests, Asyncio.
- Mendix’s low code platform - this is a huge plus, but not a requirement.
- IaC tools such as Terraform, Puppet, or Ansible
- Containerization technology and orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes/Docker & CloudFoundry.
- CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins.
- Building database driven applications, and understand the impact of inefficient queries on an RBDMS.
- TDD & BDD and know when and when not to use it.
About us We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale. Who we are We’ve been in your shoes We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy. Our mission Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success. We are here to help We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.
Want to learn more about Mendix? Visit Mendix's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.