Senior/Medior Linux System Engineer
We help enterprises achieve their digital goals
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Managing the thousands of(highly standardized) Virtual Machines powering Mendix Cloud v3
- Maintaining the physical servers and networking stack
- Applying security and operating system updates to thousands of systems in a coordinated way
- Creating tools to automate standard operations, like: VM resizes, OS upgrades, database upgrades
- Keeping a general uptime of 99,99%+
- Conquering technical challenges by finding innovative solutions. You'll have the opportunity to harness all your skills to make a difference in your role
- Getting things done mentality
Our technology stack is mostly based on open source technologies and the Debian GNU/Linux distribution:
- Virtualization: Xen
- Networking: IPVS, OSPF and BGP using BIRD
- Hardware: high end servers, switches and SAN
- Operating systems: Debian GNU/Linux
- Configuration management: Puppet
- Version control: Git, Gitlab, Github
- Databases: PostgreSQL
- Storage / Filesystems: ext4 / BTRFS / LVM2
- Automation: Python, Ansible
- Software packaging: Debian packages
- Monitoring: Nagios / Munin / Icinga2 / Collectd
- HTTPS Routing: Nginx
- Colocation: 3 data centers in The Netherlands
We are very interested in speaking with you:
- If you think you can get up to speed quickly and have lots of experience in similar systems. You do not need to have knowledge of all the technologies listed above.
- We need you to maintain the rock-solidness of Mendix Cloud v3 and add the best features from that Cloud environment – and everything you’ve learned during your been-there-done-that career – to our Mendix Cloud v4 environment.
- You will be working in a team that is responsible for both our own hardware (Mendix Cloud v3) and AWS infrastructure (Mendix Cloud v4), and will be surrounded by colleagues that are well versed in both technology stacks.
- We offer training on AWS and plenty of time to work with Cloud based technologies.
- You will be 3rd line on-call 24/7 about one week a month.
About us We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale. Who we are We’ve been in your shoes We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy. Our mission Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success. We are here to help We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.