Software Development Manager - Data Hub
We help enterprises achieve their digital goals
Your main challenges
- Lead a super-efficient result-oriented software development organization that rapidly and continuously builds Mendix product releases;
- Maintain an agile and fun technology-oriented environment that continues the tradition at Mendix as an employer for the best and brightest engineers.
- You will be responsible for the product delivery process with a specific focus on the overall product quality processes;
- You collaborate with other departments to further extend the agile process outside R&D. You will drive the complete, organization-wide agile product delivery process;
- You will continuously improve all processes within Mendix R&D. We are not dogmatic; we want to stay adaptive and eager to learn;
- You will coach team leads and teams in working in a disciplined process;
- You will act as a people manager for teams that do not have a dedicated team lead yet;
- You will be responsible for product delivery and team focus. You collaborate with other departments to make sure R&D can keep focus;
- You will be accountable for the weekly progress, clearly defined sprints, well-led meetings, and the delivery of working products to our users after each sprint;
- You will be responsible for HR, culture, and employee happiness. Together with the other Software Development Managers you need to make sure Mendix R&D is a great place to work.
Desired skills and experience
- Not a “high-level spreadsheet manager”, but hands-on, pragmatic, part of the team;
- Experienced Agile Coach; experience with creating a multi-team agile software delivery process;
- Experience with quality processes in a multi-team agile environment with a focus on continuous delivery;
- Ability to lead team retrospectives that bring any issue (on any level) on the table to improve team culture and working processes;
- Enjoys rhythm/cadence and has enduring discipline to create that;
- Great time-management skills, “Getting Things Done” approach;
- A good 10 years of experience in software engineering, including hands-on programming skills;
- Experience with developing cloud-based software for the enterprise;
- Skills and creativity to create (and keep) a great place to work for highly skilled professionals.
About us We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale. Who we are We’ve been in your shoes We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy. Our mission Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success. We are here to help We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.
Want to learn more about Mendix? Visit Mendix's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.