Cloud Operations Engineer
Mendix, Boston, MA
We help enterprises achieve their digital goals
You'll help drive digital innovation by:
- Solving operational issues for our customers, by both investigating technically and liaising between Mendix Support (1st line) and other development teams in R&D. You'll spend approximately 50% of your time doing this.
- Writing software to automate the operations of our platform, and enable our customers to perform more operations themselves. This will take up the other 50% of your time.
- Providing out of hours support for critical customer issues on an on-call basis.
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- Experience as a system administrator with a DevOps mindset or very strong 3rd line technical support
- Programming skills, ideally in Python, but similar languages are fine too. You're comfortable writing a Python script to automate complex tasks to reduce manual effort.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC), such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc.
- Proven experience (2+ years) administering, developing against, or architecting on a cloud platform. AWS is the platform we use, but experience on GCP/Azure is fine too.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Explaining complex technical issues and reducing them to a form that less technical customers & colleagues can understand is an important part of the job.
- A passion for investigating complex issues and finding out the solution in a platform with many distributed applications.
- Experience with logging & monitoring tools like- Grafana, Kibana, Datadog, Prometheus, etc.
- Strong experience with Linux/Unix systems.
- A deep understanding of Cloud architecture/deployment and infrastructure services like web servers, load balancing, SSL/TLS/X509 etc.
- Are a US national
About us We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale. Who we are We’ve been in your shoes We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy. Our mission Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success. We are here to help We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.
Want to learn more about Mendix? Visit Mendix's website.
Disrupting how fans discover the best new music and events