Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
Mendix, Boston, MA
We help enterprises achieve their digital goals
You'll help drive digital innovation by:
- Solving operational issues for our customers, by both investigating technically and liaising between Mendix Support (1st line) and other development teams in R&D. You'll spend approximately 40% of your time doing this.
- Writing software to automate the operations of our platform, and enable our customers to perform more operations themselves. This will take up the other 60% of your time.
- Providing out of hours support for critical customer issues on an on-call basis.
- Being the first US-based team member for the Cloud Operations team, and helping to build our US-based team.
- Working closely with our existing colleagues in our US-based Support team.
You’re the innovator we need if:
- You are either a strong programmer with good knowledge of infrastructure, or a strong infrastructure engineer who can also code when needed.
- You have programming skills, ideally in Python, but similar languages are fine too. You're comfortable writing a Python script to automate complex tasks to reduce manual effort.
- You have experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC), such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc.
- You have proven experience (2+ years) administering, developing against, or architecting on a cloud platform. AWS is the platform we use, but experience on GCP/Azure is fine too.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Explaining complex technical issues and reducing them to a form that less technical customers & colleagues can understand is an important part of the job.
- You have strong experience with Linux/Unix systems.
- You are a US national (this is required for our future GovCloud deployments)
It's nice (but not essential) if you have:
- A passion for investigating complex issues and finding out the solution in a platform with many distributed applications.
- A deep understanding of Cloud architecture/deployment and infrastructure services like web servers, load balancing, SSL/TLS/X509 etc.
- Experience with logging & monitoring tools. We use Datadog and Grafana internally, but experience with other tools such as, Kibana, Datadog, Prometheus, etc is welcome too.
- Experience with the Mendix low-code platform!
About us We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale. Who we are We’ve been in your shoes We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy. Our mission Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success. We are here to help We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.
Want to learn more about Mendix? Visit Mendix's website.
Help the world share their story