Software Engineer - Java - Cloud
Mendix, Pune I India
We help enterprises achieve their digital goals
As a Software Developer for Backups in Mendix Cloud Platform you’ll help drive digital innovation by:
- Building, shipping and maintaining the user facing platform responsible for Mendix' successful cloud offering.
- Taking responsibility for the success our customers achieve with Mendix’ aPaaS platform.
- Your scope covers the tooling our customers use to manage, monitor and run their Mendix applications on the Mendix cloud and 3rd party clouds.
- Assuring all the platform runs smoothly in production because our customers use it for their mission critical production systems.
- Conquering technical challenges by finding innovative solutions. You'll have the opportunity to harness all your skills to make a difference in your role.
We’re looking for you if you have:
- 5+ years of software development experience in Java for backend
- experience building highly-scalable, highly-available, multi-region, and distributed systems and microservice architectures
- proven experience (at least 3 years) building cloud-based solutions. This would ideally be on AWS, but other clouds are fine too. AWS components that we use include: S3, RDS, Route 53, Kinesis, Lambda & SQS. You will be able to choose the right AWS tools to solve the task at hand
- proven experience building database driven applications and understand the impact of inefficient queries on an RDBMS
- good knowledge of Unix/Linux fundamentals
- a DevOps mindset: you build it, you run it
- a passion about code quality, and know how to lead by example: from a clean Git history, to well thought-out unit and integration tests.
Even better (but not essential!) if you have experience with:
- developing backup/restore tooling on public cloud platforms
- IaC tools such as Terraform, Puppet, or Ansible
- Containerisation technology and orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes/Docker & CloudFoundry
- CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins.
- Mendix low-code application development
- TDD & BDD and know when and when not to use it.
And as person you are:
- approachable, open minded
- an effective communicator and you like to be part of a team
- with great attitude where you walk the extra mile if needed
- strive for mastery in anything you do or own
- detailed oriented
- boundary less and take ownership
- a critical thinker
- creative and solution oriented.
About us We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale. Who we are We’ve been in your shoes We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy. Our mission Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success. We are here to help We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.
Want to learn more about Mendix? Visit Mendix's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange