Application Support Engineer - Junior
Mendix, Chengdu, Sichuan
We help enterprises achieve their digital goals
Help us Drive Digital Innovation
- You will be part of the Mendix Global Customer Support Team (1st and 2nd line)¸ which solves around 70% of all submitted requests without involving 3rd line R&D teams.
- You will be trained to become a certified Mendix developer and get trained in our state of the art Mendix Cloud architecture, deployment, and integration possibilities.
- You will engage with our global customers in Europe, Americas, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, Japan and China like Heineken, New Balance, MIT, ABN AMRO, TNT Express, ING and our international partners to solve any challenges they might face and assist in a myriad of issues, changes and questions.
- You will work with R&D to improve the customer experience of our platform.
- You will join a smart, young, and dynamic team where innovation thrives, and career opportunities are abundant.
- Application support engineers work with the technical support team to assist our customers with our cloud application development platform Mendix. For this opportunity, main duties are and not limited to:
- Take ownership of submitted platform and product issues. Work with active customers to resolve platform and application development / deployment issues.
- Investigate reported issues, reproduce, troubleshoot and determine the most efficient way to identify the root cause within our platform infrastructure and software.
- Clearly communicate issues and enhancements to product management, R&D, customer success, sales and manage cross-functional coordination with these teams. We advocate quick solutions and root cause analysis to improve the customer experience.
- Work with minimal supervision on issues that require the ability to make independent decisions and discretion. Coordinate within a large organization to navigate product and project leads to determine how your problem should be communicated.
- Effectively manage time and prioritize daily tasks based on the severity of the problem and the level of business impact on the customer, maintaining focus on service level agreements and following through on escalated items with the associated customer and product teams.
Required Experience and skills
- Love to engage with customers to solve any challenges they might face.
- 0 to 3 years of experience as technical support or technical consultant for customers.
- A B.S in information systems, engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- You possess good communication skills, both written and verbally in Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
- You are well-organized, flexible and can keep an overview of all your tasks.
- A curious and inquisitive mind, willingness to learn, and ability to fail fast to keep progress moving forward. Self directed and able to use online training and documentation to learn about existing software features.
- Passion for technology and have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability related to the cloud industry, such as IoT data collection, data storage, analytics, and application development (AWS or Azure cloud platform recommended).
- One or more work experience in programming languages, application development, integration methodologies, communications and IT networking, relational databases, and/or public cloud technologies (eg. AWS, Azure).
About us We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale. Who we are We’ve been in your shoes We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy. Our mission Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success. We are here to help We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.
Want to learn more about Mendix? Visit Mendix's website.
Brewing up the future, today.