UI/UX Designer (UK)
We help enterprises achieve their digital goals
You will help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Bringing UX skills and product expertise to our largest and most strategic customers and advise and guide them how to improve UX in their application portfolio and organization.
- Translating business purposes and user needs into innovative and differentiating designs resulting into visually attractive, efficient and intuitive (mobile) user applications.
- Communicating those designs to customers as well as your development team, not only sharing the results but also on why your designs came to be as they are.
- Enabling our partners and customers by integrating UX in an Agile environment using product canvas, user journeys, mock-ups and great looking applications for our customers and prospect.
- Encouraging and enabling our eco-system and developer community by developing and sharing valuable UI/UX content, patterns and standard methodologies.
- Working on multiple exciting agile projects simultaneously in which your part-time contribution is key to success.
You are the innovator we need if you have:
- Relevant higher education in user interaction design or graphical design
- 3 years + of work experience as a UX designer, ideally within an Agile environment.
- Strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking coupled with an aptitude and affinity for team collaboration and open communication.
- Experience working with and for customers
- Relevant higher education in user interaction design, graphical design or product design.
- Experience in designing mobile-friendly websites and web-based applications.
- Minimum of one year experience of front-end implementation using CSS, HTML5 (ReactNative styling skills are a pro)
- Demonstrated experience building UX deliverables such as wireframes, design mockups, flow charts, functional specifications, and style guides.
- Expert knowledge of best practices in user interaction design, visual representation of complex data, information architecture, and user interface conventions as applied to complex business applications.
- Ability to prototype rapidly, be it with paper, hand-coded HTML/CSS, Sketch, FigmaInvision, AfterEffects or others.
- Comfort level with up to 20% national travel
- Proficient communication in English
About us We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale. Who we are We’ve been in your shoes We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy. Our mission Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success. We are here to help We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.
Want to learn more about Mendix? Visit Mendix's website.
Help the world share their story