Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
IT has long been considered delinquent to the business world – an active impediment to their success. We disagree wholeheartedly. We’ve traveled the world listening to the stories of hundreds of Mendix customers and we see leaders, innovators, Davids fighting their Goliath. Heroes to the business, driving impact and unheard-of value, making the impossible possible.
We think it’s time the myth of IT as an obstruction gets dispelled, and we’d like your help doing it. Mendix has launched the Maker Movement, positing that regardless of background or skill, everyone is capable of contributing to software development, and this role will be a key contributor to telling the world it’s true.
We’re looking for a relationship builder and program manager to start a Customer Advocacy function from scratch. You will be responsible for identifying champions in the Mendix community, identifying revenue-supporting activities these champions can undertake, building a pilot program to ensure they’re both motivated and incentivized to participate. Then you will scale what works globally. Simply put, your job will be to build and grow an army of Mendix advocates ready and willing to share their experiences.
As the Mendix Customer Advocacy Manager, you will:
· Generate a pipeline of champions in customer accounts across the globe that are willing and able to contribute to go-to-market activities.
· In consultation with customer-facing colleagues and Mendix product experts, create an appealing incentivization model that rewards customers and draws more advocates into the program.
· Start with a small number of activities advocates who can undertake and build this catalog over time as the program grows.
· Collaborate with Marketing and Sales colleagues to help coordinate the use of advocates in go-to-market activity.
· Establish ground rules about how we interact with our customers, ensuring each ask of a customer has an agenda, justification, or plan that delivers value to both Mendix and our advocates.
· Use a test-and-learn approach to build the program in size, complexity, and impact, implementing systems and processes as they become necessary.
· Measure the impact of your work and its contribution to key company goals.
· Ultimately, it’s your show. You’re in charge of your program, holistically, from identifying advocates, through to onboarding, coordination, compensation, measurement, and optimization.
· You know how to find our best and brightest customer champions – You can have a short discussion with a colleague in Sales, Customer Success, or Expert Services, and suggest how best to onboard that champion into the program.
· You know how to manage a diverse set of stakeholders and ensure everyone is aligned and contributing in the right direction.
· You love to network and work cross-functionally, and you know it takes a village to build a great program.
· You’ve got exceptional organizational skills. You know how to make a plan, stick to it, report on your progress, and to hold your work partners accountable.
· A demonstrated track record of success building or operating a Customer Advocacy program in the B2B Technology space · 3+ years’ experience in a Customer Advocacy or Customer Marketing role
· BA/BS degree
· Knowledge of Salesforce required
· Knowledge of Asana preferred
· Willingness to travel up to 25%
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale.
Who we are
We’ve been in your shoes
We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy.
Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success.
We are here to help
We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.