Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Mendix, Remote (EU)
We help enterprises achieve their digital goals
We're looking for you if:
- You are either a strong programmer with good knowledge of infrastructure, or a strong infrastructure engineer who can also code when needed.
- You have extensive and deep experience (~5 years) with IaaS Cloud Providers. AWS is ideal, but GCP/Azure would be fine too.
- You have strong programming experience with (ideally) Python or Golang (5+ years).
- You have experience with running cloud orchestration technologies like Cloud Foundry and/or Kubernetes, and designing highly resilient architectures for these.
- You have strong knowledge of Unix/Linux fundamentals.
- You have experience with infrastructure as code tools. Ideally Terraform, but CloudFormation or Pulumi are fine too.
- You have a DevOps mindset: you build it, you run it.
- You care about code quality, and know how to lead by example: from a clean Git history, to well thought-out unit and integration tests.
- You are willing and able to use your technical expertise to mentor, train, and lead other engineers.
Even better (but not essential!) if you have experience with:
- Mendix’s low code platform - this is a huge plus, but not a requirement.
- CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, Concourse CI
- Open Service Broker APIs
- Cloud Native Buildpacks
- Networking fundamentals (subnets, VPN, VPCs, security groups, NATs, etc)
- Monitoring tools that we use, such as Datadog and Prometheus
You’ll help drive digital innovation by:
- Moving to the most recent technology - moving to CloudFoundry on Kubernetes
- Continually improving our security + operational excellence
- Rapidly scaling our infrastructure to match our rapidly increasing customer base
- Continuously improving the observability of our platform, so that we can fix problems before they occur
- Improving our automation and surrounding tooling to further streamline deployments + platform upgrade
- Improving the way we use AWS resources, and defining cost optimization strategies.
Here are many of the tools we make use of:
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, Fargate, RDS, S3, ELB, VPC, CloudWatch, Lambda, IAM, and more !)
- PaaS: (Open Source) Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker, Open Service Broker API
- Monitoring: Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana, Datadog
- CI/CD: Concourse CI, Jenkins, GitLab CI
- Automation: BOSH, Terraform, Helm
- Programming languages: mostly Python and Golang, with a sprinkling of Ruby and Lua
- Scripting: Bash, Python
- Version Control: Git + GitLab
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Webserver: nginx
About us We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale. Who we are We’ve been in your shoes We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy. Our mission Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success. We are here to help We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.
Want to learn more about Mendix? Visit Mendix's website.
Brewing up the future, today.