Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
The Digital Marketing Architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading solution architecture activities that create and guide the direction and development of the strategic roadmap. This strategic roadmap should drive and support the Marketing targeted outcomes across business partners, stakeholders, and IT. This role has a deep focus on Digital Marketing systems, roadmaps, and IT strategies.
In this role, the Digital Marketing Architect will lead in documenting current state systems landscapes, developing future state strategies and approaches in collaboration with other IT professionals and business subject matter experts. This role is strategic and will focus on strong collaboration and engagement across the enterprise. Working with Mendix's Information Technology Services organization, you will be working on designing, implementing, and supporting technical solutions for Marketing. You will lead the architecture, design, and implementation of technologies related to the marketing space, including web technologies, to define the long-term vision, strategy, and goals for the company.
This role's focus will provide technology strategy and stay ahead of the innovation curve across a range of marketing technologies, including Marketing Automation, Content Marketing, Data Analytics, and Optimization, Mobile and Web Technologies, Social Media Platforms, Programmatic Media, and others. The ideal candidate for the role is a strategic solution architect who can play a critical role in defining and enabling business, make a real difference to business success and influence the way the company operates by identifying and defining innovative, scalable, and secure technology stack.
Create and own future state solution architecture of the marketing technologies aligned with industry evolution and Mendix's landscape.
Ensure that individual technical solutions align with the overall architectural vision.
Effectively communicating complex technical solutions through excellent written and verbal skills to business stakeholders.
You will develop technology roadmaps that consider both tactical and strategic direction, as well as a factor in cost, user experience, and security.
You will provide technical due diligence of software products and platforms.
Help and guide teams during installs of the software solutions that support the strategic roadmap.
Lead the design, standards, governance, and implementation consultation for various Digital Marketing, eCommerce, and Customer Experience (CX) strategy and technology platforms.
Lead and facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations. Technologies may include marketing automation, eCommerce, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Content Management Systems (CMS), chatbots, digital analytics, website portfolio management, tag management, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Business Process Mapping (BPM), Product Information Management (PIM), customer journey mapping, etc.
Partner closely with the IT Marketing, Sales, and analysts, project managers, leadership, and business partners to collaboratively define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other budget planning processes.
Understand, advocate, and augment the business and IT strategies - and, more specifically, technology architecture development and delivery.
Be prepared to "sell" the solution architecture (overall, not just for enterprise technology architecture), outcomes, and lasting results, and lead the communication/marketing activities needed to ensure enterprise success and adoption.
Participate and provide thought leadership in the Enterprise Architecture review process, other technology architecture team members, project teams, and staff in various IT functional areas as needed and ensure architecture compliance to standards.
Relationship Management Responsibilities
· Provide strategic landscape assessment to drive capability development within each technology pillar and champion success by identifying contribution towards strategic objectives.
· Partner with stakeholder teams across business units (e.g., marketing, sales, trade, finance) to document use cases and frame opportunities, benefits, and risks to decide on a course of action.
· Serve as the bridge between business problems and technology solutions by bringing a high proficiency to understand and capture complete business needs to enable IT solutions.
· Manage business units relationships, expectations and stay current with stakeholder needs and strategies by developing a communication process utilizing formal and informal written communication methods (for example, emails, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, executive updates, task lists, updates) to communicate updates and findings and facilitating project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (e.g., senior management, stakeholders, technical staff).
· Cultivate strong business relationships by demonstrating an understanding of related processes, requirements, systems, and terminology, even understanding the supporting processes of Sales and other cross-functional business units.
· Liaison and collaborate between key stakeholders and IT shared services on support and maintenance transition activities to ensure the quality of systems.
· Analyze an organization or business domain, document current systems architecture and data landscapes, assessing the business model or its integration with technology.
· Drive the creation of solution architecture models and patterns to reflect the organization's strategies and goals to deliver on business visions and goals.
· Evaluate and research systems and platforms through RFI/RFP processes to optimize total cost of ownership and value to the organization.
· Provide architecture and systems processing guidance ensuring the efficiency, security, and support of the enterprise architecture compliance.
· Determine and implement build versus buy strategies, mentor personnel, and internalization of the overall business strategy.
· Document business requirements and detailed functional and technical specifications from multi-department stakeholders for review and delivery to the development team using the traditional waterfall model as well as develop epics, user stories, and their acceptance criteria for agile delivery.
· Participate in project delivery and process optimization to support the execution of projects using various project methodologies such as traditional waterfall, agile, and hybrid.
· Analyze and interpret information technology proposals and evaluate and develop alternative implementation plans.
· Ability to take a topic of higher complexity and break it into topics that are digestible by technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Handle multiple engagements simultaneously without compromising accountability or reducing the level of engagement.
· Provide guidance feedback to more junior analysts within the team to elevate their level of capabilities.
· Recommend and work within the established service level agreements to ensure key performance indicators are met.
· Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other technical areas.
· Experience: 8+ years of progressive experience in Information Systems or related area with proven experience as a business analyst.
· Must have at least five years of experience with Marketing / Sales systems, preferably as an architect, with strong knowledge of marketing automation platforms (Marketo), Content Management Systems (CMS) (e.g., Drupal, WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager, etc.), Business Process Mapping (BPM), customer journey mapping, and multiple processes including but not limited to digital marketing, customer relationship management, etc.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in data architecture, business intelligence and consulting services, implementation, customer-facing, vendor management, and project management.
· Experience documenting business requirements and technical architecture/design while translating complex requirements and designs for development, testing, and implementation.
· Communication skills: Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to tell the "story." Experience communicating technical information to stakeholders, peers, management, and non-technical team members. Experience communicating functional requirements to highly technical team members.
· Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across the team with a growth mindset propensity towards action and learning.
· Proven ability to work independently and set priorities based on critical milestones, impact to strategic initiatives, and high-level direction of management with minimal supervision.
· Ability to handle many projects simultaneously in a high-paced environment.
· On the approach of understanding of how to do things by the "book" but when also know to throw the book out when it can't be applied.
· In-Depth understanding of the Digital Marketing landscape, Web technologies, and experience with technologies like Web Analytics, CRM, Marketing Automation, Campaign Management, Search, MMP, Ad Servers, DMPs, DSPs, Audience Creation/Targeting.
· Experience driving technical workshops with technical and business stakeholders.
· Provide leadership to technical resources, work with PM on suggested work assignments, and leading a team from design to solution.
· Partner with Vendor teams to conduct business and technical discovery with customers.
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.