Senior UX/UI Designer
Mendix, Rotterdam | Amsterdam | London
We help enterprises achieve their digital goals
You’ll Help Our Customers Drive Digital Innovation By:
- Supporting and advising customers, as well as partners, in enabling them to become self-sufficient with maximizing the User Experience of their applications on the Mendix platform.
- Working on multiple challenging agile projects simultaneously in which your part-time contribution is key to success.
- Being hands-on and playing an intrinsic part of the app development process using the Mendix platform. You will be responsible for the preparation and execution of multiple phases; through hosting design thinking workshops using product canvas (product vision, personas, user journeys), creating the first wireframes and eventually translating them into slick UI designs for our customers and prospects.
- Developing Design kits and re-usable UI elements using CSS, HTML5
- You will leverage the Mendix Atlas UI Framework to implement or enable the client to implement the beforementioned designs into their application(s) – Responsive, PWA or Native - based on best practices in terms of UX and scalability.
- Mentoring and coaching your fellow Expert Services UX Developers
- Inspiring and enabling our eco-system and developer community by developing and sharing valuable UI/UX content, patterns and best practices.
You’re The Innovator We Need If You Have:
- At least 4 years of UX design (proven) work experience, ideally within an Agile environment.
- You thrive in a work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking coupled with an aptitude and affinity for team collaboration and open communication.
- Experience in working with and for customers is a strong pro.
- Relevant higher education in user interaction design, graphical design or product design.
- Experience in designing mobile-friendly websites and web-based applications.
- Minimum of one year experience of front-end implementation using CSS, HTML5, ReactNative styling skills are a pro.
- Demonstrated experience building UX deliverables such as wireframes, design mockups, flow charts, functional specifications, and style guides.
- Expert knowledge of best practices in user interaction design, visual representation of complex data, information architecture, and user interface conventions as applied to complex business applications.
- Ability to prototype rapidly, be it with paper, hand-coded HTML/CSS, Sketch, FigmaInvision, AfterEffects or others.
- Ability to work directly with engineers when needed (Often PhD level)
- Advanced language skills in English. Dutch is a pro.
- An amazing portfolio that demonstrates the use of creative and novel solutions to solve complex problems
- And last but not least: you love to travel to all the customers within our projects (travel will resume after the COVID-19 restrictions subside)
- Experience of Mendix or other high productivity development platform
About us We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale. Who we are We’ve been in your shoes We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy. Our mission Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success. We are here to help We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.
Want to learn more about Mendix? Visit Mendix's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.