Senior User Experience Researcher
We help enterprises achieve their digital goals
Your responsibilities will be:
- Investigate and prioritize relevant research topics. Based on company and R&D priorities, ongoing alignment with product managers, product designers and service designers, and your own proactive suggestions, you create and own the research roadmap.
- Define, scope, plan, and conduct user experience research. Based on research priorities, you define the scope and research questions, select the appropriate method(s), and create a plan for your research. You align on participant recruitment criteria with your stakeholders and the Research Operations Specialist. When conducting research, you always try to include others: you invite stakeholders to observe fieldwork, or empower others to do research.
- Synthesise and share compelling insights that inform product strategy. You are comfortable making trade offs between diving deep into your data, or delivering quick insights. You communicate your research results to your direct stakeholders, but always try to keep a wider audience in mind. You effectively use different channels (e.g. Slack, our User Insight Guild) to create awareness for your research and insights.
- Contribute to maturing, expanding and improving our research practice. Research is a new discipline at Mendix, and within the Product Design team. This means that our research team is constantly making an effort to becoming more mature and improving our impact. Examples vary from small and practical (creating templates for research plans, interview guides, etc.) to more fundamental (creating a universal tagging structure, to be used across projects).
- Foster collaboration with other disciplines. We truly believe that collaborating cross-disciplines is essential in making an impact. Therefore we expect you to (proactively) foster collaboration with other disciplines: collaboration with product analysts to creating solid insights, collaboration inside and outside R&D in order to tap in to other data sources, but also build strong relationships with product designers, service designers, product managers and the engineering teams in R&D.
- About the User Experience Research team:
- About the Design team:
- 5+ years in a user experience research role at a software-focused company or equivalent experience
- Degree in HCI, Psychology, Anthropology, Social Science, or a related field
- Broad experience in generating insights from cutting edge quantitative and qualitative research methods, and using techniques like context mapping
- Demonstrated experience researching applications designed to serve multiple user profiles who operate in complex environments
- A proven track record of shipped products driven by research insights
- Have a well-developed network of research practitioners and other experts and vendors in the field
- Experience in doing field research at a B2B company a plus
- Comfortable conducting research in Dutch a plus
About us We are creating an application platform that empowers people to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale. Who we are We’ve been in your shoes We know firsthand how hard it can be to quickly build software your users love, while maintaining the control you need. Having worked with hundreds of enterprise customers, we also understand how difficult it is to successfully execute a digital strategy. Our mission Our founders created Mendix to solve the biggest challenge in digital innovation: to empower IT and Business teams to collaborate like never before, while experiencing unmatched speed and control. These principles are architected into the very core of our platform, and they drive our relentless focus on your success. We are here to help We love helping you build breakthrough digital experiences, rejecting the conventional approach of merely doing the same things faster. We seek a long-term partnership with your team so we can help you deliver transformative value through applications. Our conviction—and your success—is powered by a diverse team of passionate and exceptional talent.
Want to learn more about Mendix? Visit Mendix's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid